4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Still issues and some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:02 PM
freefallin98
3rd Gear Member

Default Still issues and some questions.

First off, I had the wheels and tires I bought from OE re balanced at American Tire today. Thought it was better but once I got in my car to go to the gym on more familiar roads, I could definitely still feel the weird movement.

Like I stated in my post a few days ago, right after we did the springs, I immediately felt something. Sort of like a tire out of round, bent wheel, or something along those lines. I didn't think it could be anything under the car that we screwed up. But seriously, what could we have not done or done wrong that would affect my ride this severely?

Secondly, I had my car aligned about 4 days after my spring install. It was yesterday. The car was pulling pretty good to the left before I put the wheels on. After I put them on, it started pulling about the same, but to the right. After the spring install AND the alignment, my car still pulls to the right. If I am going 60 on the nice hwy roads and let go of the steering wheel, it veers towards the right shoulder pretty quickly.

I called LS and talked to the guy who aligned it I believe and told him what was going on. He tells me that there is no way for them to correct the pull on my car or Mustangs in general without CC plates. He said that he fixed the toe and got it back to where it should be but he can't do anything about the car pulling. WTF? Really? This sounds like BS to me....help me out here guys.

I think I am going to throw my stock wheels and tires on tomorrow to see if the feeling if the wheels or the suspension. That should leave me with a clear route to choose.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated like always.

Sean
Old 03-25-2010, 09:17 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

yeah you should try swapping out your old wheels and see if thats the problem, and if it is maybe get them sent back if they're bent? and they cant fix the pulling? isnt that what an alignment is supposed to do...
Old 03-25-2010, 09:36 PM
freefallin98
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I will do that tomorrow. The only problem is, my jack is a pos lol. Oh well I'll just deal with it. I will have to borrow a friends torque wrench too. I am hoping I figure something out by doing this. Anyone else have anything to chime in?
Old 03-25-2010, 09:51 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by freefallin98
Yeah, I will do that tomorrow. The only problem is, my jack is a pos lol. Oh well I'll just deal with it. I will have to borrow a friends torque wrench too. I am hoping I figure something out by doing this. Anyone else have anything to chime in?
not bragging or anything, but having a father who is a snap-on tools dealer is really a privilege. Lol i have two super amazing light weight blue point jacks just chillin in my garage, along with **** loads of other stuff you guys would drool over. haha sorry i just had to say that :P
Old 03-26-2010, 12:41 AM
freefallin98
3rd Gear Member

Thanks bud....makes me feel great. Anyone have anything for me on this? I need to figure this **** out ASAP.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:04 AM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

The stock strut tower mounts are only designed to adjust your caster and cannot adjust your camber. So when you lower you car you are effectively making you wheels bow in like / \. Getting CC plates allows you to adjust your camber and correct the wheels so they are straight | |.

Last edited by Kerns; 03-26-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:36 AM
budders
4th Gear Member

lol sorry, you can borrow it... For 2k
Old 03-26-2010, 07:08 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

You need an alignment like i told you in the last thread you had. Your tires are actually / \ visibly and thats not good. After you do anything to the front suspension you should have your car aligned. That will solve your problems. But i will warn you...you may need c/c plates to get that to fully go away. Mine is still there slightly without them and the prokit. Just letting ya know man.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:13 PM
freefallin98
3rd Gear Member

Um, Teej, I said I GOT my ca aligned and he couldn't fix the pull. My questions was can my car from the factory have the pull from left to right corrected so when I let go of the steering wheel, the car tracks straight down the road?
Old 03-26-2010, 04:22 PM
SeanAndKate
3rd Gear Member

you said you got springs installed? im guessing lowering your car right? if your car is lowered you may need to buy C/C plates in order for them to be able to adjust them enough to correct your wheels to drive strait. And in your case it sounds like you DO need the C/C plates. Some people get lucky and can put springs in and be alright.

Quick Reply: Still issues and some questions.