4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

H&R Super Sport Springs have arrived

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 02:56 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Default H&R Super Sport Springs have arrived

Got my HR SS springs today in the mail. Shipping took 1 day from AM! thanks guys. cant wait to get these installed, most likely going to do them tomorrow if it dries up and if its not raining out, maybe next weekend.

The box came DESTROYED! its probobaly because these things way 40lbs and are shipped in a carbord box..

but none the less, here they are.

box was destroyed, you should see the top and the other side. lol i dont really mind though. im just happy i got the springs

Old 03-26-2010, 03:04 PM
wrr1020
2nd Gear Member

Awesome, your gonna love the look of it. One of the best things i have bought for my Stang so far.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:21 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

ahh congrats budders. im still waiting on tokico to ship my whole set-up and they apparently only work 3 days a week or something since they are alwasy gone on fridays and mondays. but cant wait to see ur car lowered and with new rims!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:04 PM
SeanAndKate
3rd Gear Member

same springs as I got. youll like the lowered look have fun.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:26 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SeanAndKate
same springs as I got. youll like the lowered look have fun.
thanks man. i think im gonna like it too
Old 03-26-2010, 04:41 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
ahh congrats budders. im still waiting on tokico to ship my whole set-up and they apparently only work 3 days a week or something since they are alwasy gone on fridays and mondays. but cant wait to see ur car lowered and with new rims!
haha sorry bopiela! and i cant wait either.. and that sucks the tokico is only open like 3 days a week
Old 03-27-2010, 04:12 PM
SideSwipe
1st Gear Member

Post some pics when you put them on, i want to compare them to the eibach pro-kit. Do you know if the ride is supposed to be better or worse then the pro-kit?
Old 03-27-2010, 04:24 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

its going to be de-graded no matter what. im sure the lower you go the worse it gets. and the hr ss is the lowest kit u can buy without having to do other suspension stuff.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:26 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

UPDATE:

Me and my friend did one side today, we did the left front. This wasnt my mechanic friend so it took us a while and we had to follow the AM instructions. They worked pretty well. I learned ALLOT just by taking it apart and putting the new spring in. It started to rain so we could only get the left front done. We're finishing the other 3 sides up on monday, because were both busy tomorrow (sunday). It was fun, and it looks AWESOME now. Even with one corner done, i can tell how low the front is gonna be when its done and its gonna be sexy.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:00 PM
SideSwipe
1st Gear Member

The ride should be similar to the pro kit, i think the SS only go down an extra 0.2" of a inch if i remember correctly...compared to the pro kit

Quick Reply: H&R Super Sport Springs have arrived