4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

AM Ships quick again!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 04:33 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Default AM Ships quick again!

Hey guys. I just ordered a set of FLSFC's and a 14 inch shorty antenna from AM last night and low and behold they have them shipped out today! Just awesome. Should see them Tuesday, I would bet. I'm excited about that.

How much does install typically run on these SFC's? Since they are weld on, I can't do myself... Haha.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I dont remember how much I paid but make sure you get a "Tig Weld"!
Old 04-16-2010, 05:02 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

1.5-2 hour install.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

I'm glad they ship quick cause our site sponsor Rep doesn't return PM's asking for the discount code.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:05 PM
loweredfourpointsix
2nd Gear Member

It would be much cleaner with a tig. tig welding under the car is not the easiest thing to do and it would probably cost a lot more.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:09 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sxynerd
I'm glad they ship quick cause our site sponsor Rep doesn't return PM's asking for the discount code.
Who have you been sending a pm to? AMNick was promoted, so he doesn't spend much time on the forums any more. The quickest way to get a response is to send me a pm. I usually respond within a business day, since I'm not here over the weekend.

Thanks for the great feedback, bopiela. Good luck with your install, I hope you can find a shop that's reliable.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:41 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

whats the diff between regular welding and tig weding?
Old 04-16-2010, 06:03 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Tungsten Inert Gas welding and Metal Inert Gas welding. Its two different styles of welding. Typically TIG welding is more time consuming and is usually stronger, but for what the welding will do, MIG will work just fine. My subframe connectors are MIG welded and they turned out great. And i was quoted a CRAP LOAD for install from a local shop(SGS). Also, make sure that they are put on the car while the suspension is loaded, like on an alignment rack or something.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Check your PM's, I sent you one several days ago. I've been trying to order wheels tires and caster camber plates but I need the code.

Originally Posted by AMStanger
Who have you been sending a pm to? AMNick was promoted, so he doesn't spend much time on the forums any more. The quickest way to get a response is to send me a pm. I usually respond within a business day, since I'm not here over the weekend.

Thanks for the great feedback, bopiela. Good luck with your install, I hope you can find a shop that's reliable.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:14 PM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
Tungsten Inert Gas welding and Metal Inert Gas welding. Its two different styles of welding. Typically TIG welding is more time consuming and is usually stronger, but for what the welding will do, MIG will work just fine. My subframe connectors are MIG welded and they turned out great. And i was quoted a CRAP LOAD for install from a local shop(SGS). Also, make sure that they are put on the car while the suspension is loaded, like on an alignment rack or something.

+1 I think MIG welding subframe connectors is sufficient.

Quick Reply: AM Ships quick again!