4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Will this bumper fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

Yessss, now I understand! Okay. Alright, so otherwise it will smack.

How difficult is it to make this adjustment?

Also, does that lip come with the bumper? If not, what is the price for it?
Old 04-28-2010, 08:42 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

That chin spoiler to make it look complete is $100 wholesale through a dealer, some places you'll find it to be $120 so its not cheap and i think i need to buy another one this as im still not used to how low the front bumper hangs and i scrape on curbs and parking blocks and stuff like that all the time. And the moving back of those pieces isnt hard. Just install it fully except for those push pins and just push them back and drill your holes and your golden.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:52 PM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
That chin spoiler to make it look complete is $100 wholesale through a dealer, some places you'll find it to be $120 so its not cheap and i think i need to buy another one this as im still not used to how low the front bumper hangs and i scrape on curbs and parking blocks and stuff like that all the time. And the moving back of those pieces isnt hard. Just install it fully except for those push pins and just push them back and drill your holes and your golden.
Well, I am having my favorite shop around here do it, because they already have my modified paint code on file... so they won't charge me for the labor involved in making a stupid "sunfaded black"

Think they'll get the idea if I tell them that the hood is going to make out with the bumper if they don't drill it back?

Do you like that bumper? I really want to get it this summer.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:55 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Love the bumper. But it cost a lot man. Be sure youre able to live with blowing almost a grand on a bumper though. And you might want to help out with that part.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

What do you mean it'll cost a grand? I'm getting:

Bumper with fogs: 200 shipped
Cobra fogs: 100 shipped
Old 04-28-2010, 09:07 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

my bumper was $175 and i picked it up myself, everything to go into the front bumper was like $500 total, then paint and install would have been right around $200-300...it was approaching a grand. You need like everything to make the bumper work.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

Damn!!! "Everything to go into the front bumper was like 500 total" - What does "everything" consist of?
Old 04-29-2010, 12:10 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

fog lights, fog light bezels, install hardware, chin spoiler, new grill emblem, the grand total for stuff to put into the bumper was somewhere around $500. I was not anticipating this...and i almost ran out of funds to finish everything. But i scraped by. It is a big undertaking financially honestly. If i were to do it over again, i'd probably just buy the GT bumper and call it a day and spend the difference on other things.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:41 AM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
fog lights, fog light bezels, install hardware, chin spoiler, new grill emblem, the grand total for stuff to put into the bumper was somewhere around $500. I was not anticipating this...and i almost ran out of funds to finish everything. But i scraped by. It is a big undertaking financially honestly. If i were to do it over again, i'd probably just buy the GT bumper and call it a day and spend the difference on other things.
Why did you need a new grille emblem? I have the mach 1 grille kit, it won't fit with the cobra bumper?

I still don't get it, lol

Fog lights AND bezels = http://www.americanmuscle.com/foglig...0304-pair.html
What install hardware? Everything is included when you buy the foglights from AM

Chin spoiler? Yes, this I see as extremely expensive... but it isn't necessary.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:29 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Evenexchange
Why did you need a new grille emblem? I have the mach 1 grille kit, it won't fit with the cobra bumper?

I still don't get it, lol

Fog lights AND bezels = http://www.americanmuscle.com/foglig...0304-pair.html
What install hardware? Everything is included when you buy the foglights from AM

Chin spoiler? Yes, this I see as extremely expensive... but it isn't necessary.
The link you showed is only the lights. Bezels are another $40/piece and then i think you need the hardware for those. And trust me, if you see a termie bumper without a chin spoiler, you will feel it is necessary. Trust me on that one. And you can use your mustang emblem from your grille delete but thats all you can use from that kit.

Quick Reply: Will this bumper fit?