4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Sad sad day...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 10:34 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

FERRY BLVD!?!!?!? I LIVE ON FERRY BLVD!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:20 AM
edevildude
1st Gear Member

haha, what r the odds, if your going under I95 coming from milford into startford the shop is literally the first building to your right. I donno if you would see my car though, cause there keeping it inside for me

My adjuster told me to not accept the police report no matter what they say, and today i get to go try n find a camera that caught it, wish me luck
Old 04-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Eagle2000GT
4th Gear Member

It made me sick seeing an Electric Green Mustang torn up like that. On a positive note my body shop has had no trouble blending Electric Green paint so that you absolutely cannot tell the difference. They have done it twice on my car. I dented a door and I put on the Cobra R hood. They even painted and matched the grill delete parts that I had put on with the hood.

I am thinking of removing the side scoops and I have no doubt that they could blend int he repair so that no one could tell the difference.

Save the car. There weren't that many Electric Green Mustangs made. Fewer still, Electric Green Cobras.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:44 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

WOW! now that i read the whole story, you need to get a lawyer if you haven't already. The officer wrote you a citation for an improper right turn? That will get thrown out. Just take it to court. You need a lawyer ASAP. Believe me, all they need is someone with a law book telling their stupid *** why they are wrong,...and it all goes away. You may be out the money for the lawyer, but the citation goes away, and the car gets completely paid for. Find a lawyer who is used to dealing with traffic laws though, he will know the loopholes. Mine got me out of fleeing and evading, reckless ops, concealed weapon(damn pocket knife...) and i forget the 4th charge. Either way i went to jail, but only to get everything booked. Then i had a court date, got a lawyer, and 1000$ later, lesson learned...buy a radar detector lol. That was a good story, i even have the video from the cruiser that couldnt catch me and happened to pull up behind me at a stop light a few exits down. LMAO that was fun.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DarkShadow04
id personally keep the appearance of that particular car stock, u even have the stock rims, looks good, very desireable..thats y i said change the rear bumper if u really like it better...i like the stock look on that car....and i agree mustang3gt07, there are a handful of things getting played out lol....us GT guys cant help but have cobra envy though, thats y all the cobra body parts end up on GT's lol
Haha I understand that, but it just seems to be getting alot worse. Everywhere I go GT and V6 are just putting cobra stuff all over their cars. Even my G/F says "Why would they do that if its not a real cobra" and I have to try and explain it to her why lol. Just do what I did, save up and buy the real thing if you want one so bad. Hell by the time you buy the full conversion like most guys end up doing, you could have used that as a down payment on a real one lol.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Red__03GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SonicMustang143
Red03GT where in CT you from? I'm from Stratford....
Im in meriden, kinda a haul
Old 05-01-2010, 03:44 PM
stangit9090
2nd Gear Member

If the shop is worth a damn they can blend it and it will look just fine, quit worrying untill you actually have something to worry about.

A LOT of cars have been hit and have had paint/body work, you'd never even know.

Like previously stated in this thread, if it is noticablely shaded differently in any kind of light, make them fix it. Simple as that.

Last edited by stangit9090; 05-01-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:49 PM
stangalator
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
Haha I understand that, but it just seems to be getting alot worse. Everywhere I go GT and V6 are just putting cobra stuff all over their cars. Even my G/F says "Why would they do that if its not a real cobra" and I have to try and explain it to her why lol. Just do what I did, save up and buy the real thing if you want one so bad. Hell by the time you buy the full conversion like most guys end up doing, you could have used that as a down payment on a real one lol.
I think cobra body parts look better then GT parts. I wouldn't mind having a cobra bumper with the circle fog lights verses the stock GT one I have now.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:04 AM
edevildude
1st Gear Member

So, Now that today i am calmer and not freaking out lol I was reading some of the posts this morning and saw how I really wasn't thinking with the best of judgement, and everyones right, you just CANNOT let a electric green cobra die, it's just wrong...kinda feel like an idiot for even suggesting it haha

I spoke to the guy who does all the painting, and he reassured me about the paint, and even offered to repaint the fender for me for free because he was already having to repaint the door anyways to blend it (Someone painted a small part of the fender and didn't clear it) So all bs things aside, i am pretty happy with getting fresh paint on the whole rear and passenger side. Kinda let down i couldn't do the 01 cobra bumper though, the shop i use refuses to use any refeb or reconditioned parts because there crap, and for an OEM 01' bumper it's $908 compared to the 99' cobra bumper which is $261 i nearly hit the floor lol o and can someone explain why an 99' base/GT bumper is $10 more then the 99' Cobra? and why 01' is so frecken much?

As for insurance and that crap, there doing an investigation into who was at fault, and already have gotten 2 witnesses statements completely supporting my innocence in the matter, i'll take this *** hole to court over this if i absolutely need to. not bout to have this on my record, Fck that! plus if any problems arise further down the line from the accident that someone missed now, I should not be responsible for paying for the repair