4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

cant cut 60ft under 1.9 =[

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 02:04 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Gotcha, i thought the friction modifier was to help the clutches grip better. My b.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:24 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Yea...because powershifting is gonna help his launch...
Old 05-03-2010, 03:44 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dimebag
Yea...because powershifting is gonna help his launch...
I know....I'm an idiot. Just with all the track time threads lately, it was just instinct to throw that in
Old 05-03-2010, 11:05 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

that was a solid read...very informative...seems like a decent problem besides my 1 tire burnout issue and not launching quite high enough would be the fast raising and lowering of my front end, so im assuming thatd be shocks...that site said that if the front comes up fast and comes down fast that its not good for the 60ft and that itd be a shock issue...also LCAs would help to keep the rear from sinking which is sending the front up lol...from what i gathered im using too much power sending the car up instead of forward, so i think im gonna try some LCAs and a harder launch and see where that takes me...recommendations on LCAs?
Old 05-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DarkShadow04
that was a solid read...very informative...seems like a decent problem besides my 1 tire burnout issue and not launching quite high enough would be the fast raising and lowering of my front end, so im assuming thatd be shocks...that site said that if the front comes up fast and comes down fast that its not good for the 60ft and that itd be a shock issue...also LCAs would help to keep the rear from sinking which is sending the front up lol...from what i gathered im using too much power sending the car up instead of forward, so i think im gonna try some LCAs and a harder launch and see where that takes me...recommendations on LCAs?
If I were you I would get your rear end checked and invest in the front suspension first. If your car isn't having a problem hooking up then traction isn't an issue, but having the front end raise up more then necessary is going to hurt your times because you are using the energy to move up rather than forward. Honestly, right now the springs aren't hurting anything if you are hooking up. Improving the rear suspension will help later on down the road, but right now improving the rear suspension is going to allow you to hook better. However, you are hooking just fine so your problem isn't hooking, its not getting enough power out of the hole to cut decent 60ft times. I am no expert, but you definitely need to start at a higher RPM. If you start getting wheel hop, then your suspension is what is going to help improve your times from that point.

Last edited by Kerns; 05-03-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:27 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

next time i go i may launch at 5k and just see what happens...the rear should hold, thats y i got it, lol..then ill go from there...ive been lookin at the LCAs for a while so it prolly wouldnt be a terrible idea to just pick some up..i want a 2step first though, i get stressed out at the line when i dont have time to let my rpms build before the tree starts comin down lol
Old 05-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

next time i go i may launch at 5k and just see what happens...the rear should hold, thats y i got it, lol..then ill go from there...ive been lookin at the LCAs for a while so it prolly wouldnt be a terrible idea to just pick some up..i want a 2step first though, i get stressed out at the line when i dont have time to let my rpms build before the tree starts comin down lol
Just sit there at the light. Its not like its counting toward your time until you move. Don't go until YOU are ready. Who cares when the light turns green?
Old 05-03-2010, 11:35 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

its just something about being lined up next to someone..you wanna beat em lol..but true.. ill have to take my time n really realize wat im doing, ur right, no reason to rush unless im in a bracket tourne or something lol
Old 05-04-2010, 12:14 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Your struts are what are making your car bounce. When setting up for the strip, you want your front end to rise easily and come down slowly. Typically, 90/10 struts help to achieve that.

LCAs help keep your tires planted and allow for more traction. They don't have anything to do with "sinking" or squating of your car. Weight transfer is what causes squating. As far as LCAs, I recommend MM adjustables, either standard duty or extreme duty (standard will do just fine).

I know you said you like the look of your car lowered but lowering the car is hurting your launch. Putting cut stockers back in would be better than what you have now.

Your front suspension is just as important as the rear suspension for launching efficiently. But if your rearend issues get fixed I'm sure you will be able to cut lower 60' times with stock suspension.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:23 AM
0949er
4th Gear Member

what about your tranny and clutch? would that not be something to consider as well?

Quick Reply: cant cut 60ft under 1.9 =[