Need Help! - MustangForums.com

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Need Help!

Old 05-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Shanepa

Default Need Help!

I have a 1999 Ford Mustang GT with 49,000 Miles. CJ Pony Parts told me about $900 to install the kit does that sound like a good price?

There is a supercharger I am looking to buy it has low miles on the kit. He either has the Vortech Supercharger Kit V-1 or V-2 he said which ever I don't want he will put on his car. He told me only main difference is the V-1 is louder than the V-2 is this true?

Also the kit comes with everything in the picture http://images.craigslist.org/3nd3o83...40b2601372.jpg

He said I should go with 42 lb injectors is that correct? I am not planning on doing to much more to the car since I will be about where I want to be. All I have done right now is K&N Intake and BBK Under-drive Pulleys.

Sorry for all the questions but I am new to Mustangs and still trying to learn everything which is even worse since mine is a 1999 and the engine parts are confusing.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Shanepa

anyone?
Old 05-08-2010, 03:58 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

The V-1 will be louder due to the straight cut gears, but it's basically the same.

42lb injectors and a SVT Focus fuel pump will be your best bet.

The UDP's will have to come off though.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:16 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

if you take one take the v1, it will sounds badass.

as far as the pic, take a look at the v1 or v2 install manual, and see if he is giving you all the parts you need.... it looks like there is a few things missing. But you will need at least 42lb injectors, a new fuel pump, and a tune for sure. (+ any missing pieces). does that install price cover a tune as well? If so, i owuld say its decent. If not, Im not sure what ot think.