Lowered 97 Cobra help needed - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #11  
my97cobra
1st Gear Member

I think my sentence using the term "NOT" made perfect sense. When they installed my new clutch & throwout bearing they had the the throwout bearing in front of the fork. So I I said NOT meaning that's Not where it's suppose to go which is why I was getting all that rattle. How can a repair shop not know that the throwout bearing is locked in the clutch fork not in front of it.
my97cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:06 PM   #12  
my97cobra
1st Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraMas View Post
I told you why your trans crossmember did not line up with your trans mount! That is why the CM is slotted because of the flexibility
And the shop did what with your Throw Out Bearing? Your sentence makes no sense
"My 1st concern was when I had a new clutch put in a few months back they had the throw out bearing sitting in front of the clutch form not it in. Naturally this caused a nasty rattle in the clutch pedal which they tried to say was normal NOT!!! " Did you seriously use the phrase "NOT"?
As for the cross member I had the car on a lift recently at a friends shop and they did have the cross member installed wrong which is why the original marks from the bolts were about 3/4 in front of bolts. My sentence about the throw our bearing I meant to say clutch fork not form and for the phrase NOT...... having teens around all day makes you remember and say things they say.
my97cobra is offline   Reply With Quote