4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Bad News...Decision time...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 08:20 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Thumbs down Bad News...Decision time...

Well folks, I have some pretty sh*tty news...

My wife just lost her job, which cuts our income in half, which means the bills can't be paid, which means....well I think you know where I am going with this...

The stang is paid off, so IF I could sell it, it would be instant money and allow us to pay our bills for a few months until she gets a steady paycheck again. We just bought a house, and a tractor, and I have a loan on the Explorer still...so the Mustang is the only thing we have to sell.

I have an ad on craigslist, asking 7500 obo...got a guy interested who is going to look at it tonight...but no other biters yet. Ad has been up since monday.

Here comes the wrench into the mix...
I have a few grand set aside that we planned to use for our pond being dug next month...that's obviously not going to happen now..so I could use the savings to get us through for about a month and a half depending on if they grant her the unemployment or not. In which case I wouldn't have to sell the car..FML this is so damned confusing. She has an interview tomorrow at another nursing home, no idea what the pay level is though.
I am worried that if this guy offers me even 6500$, i won't get another chance at selling it for that much, as no one else has been interested when i have posted it before just as a feeler. Crimany, I feel like my life is "Deal or No Deal" lol. Ugggg.....

Maybe it's better to just sell it and buy a damned truck...I need one for the property and to haul the tractor anyway...
Old 06-10-2010, 08:32 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Sell the stang and get a lightning. lol but i feel ya mang. Its tough these days with the job market and the economy and everything. Best of luck. I dont think that i would sell the car unless you absolutely had to. I mean i'd much rather have a stang than a pond...but to each their own i guess. As i said...best of luck man. Hope you get to keep her!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:33 AM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

I say use the pond money to carry you the month and a half, if you have to sell the stang get as much as possible for it and don't settle because you are worried that no one else will want it. Its not like it's pink with red leather! hold off as long as possible because you will kick yourself if you settle for a low bid. Keep you head up and hopefully your wife can find employment soon.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:37 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
Sell the stang and get a lightning. lol but i feel ya mang. Its tough these days with the job market and the economy and everything. Best of luck. I dont think that i would sell the car unless you absolutely had to. I mean i'd much rather have a stang than a pond...but to each their own i guess. As i said...best of luck man. Hope you get to keep her!

Haha trust me, if I lived in NC or somewhere that a 4wd wasnt mandatory, I'd have bought dougs lightning a while ago lol.

Originally Posted by conejo172
I say use the pond money to carry you the month and a half, if you have to sell the stang get as much as possible for it and don't settle because you are worried that no one else will want it. Its not like it's pink with red leather! hold off as long as possible because you will kick yourself if you settle for a low bid. Keep you head up and hopefully your wife can find employment soon.

Ya I know...but the car needs a paint job...for sure...and that deters a lot of people...
Old 06-10-2010, 09:22 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

I understand what you are going through my brother! Sorry to hear about your wifes job...she'll bounce back and get something even better real soon! Keep your head up and hold on as long as possible!
Old 06-10-2010, 10:03 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Sell the car. It's not a guarantee that your wife can get a new job immediately. Better safe than sorry/debt.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:46 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

I work at a nursing home(maintenance tech) we have locations all over the country...pm me... i can give u the name of the place...where do u live?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:10 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dimebag
I work at a nursing home(maintenance tech) we have locations all over the country...pm me... i can give u the name of the place...where do u live?
PM'ing shortly...

Originally Posted by LS WHAT
get rid of the wife!
lol^^^ not happenin....
Old 06-10-2010, 11:16 AM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear. Sometimes this is what is called being a man. We must give up things in order to keep our lives going. You'll have another one hopefully one day. I know I will. Good luck man and best of wishes.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:17 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

I feel for you man! I finally just found another engineering job after a few months of being laid off. You gotta do what you gotta do. I had a set of cams and a few other things that I sold off to get me through.

Quick Reply: Bad News...Decision time...