4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

My car sits waaayy to high

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

I neither bought Eibach or H & R springs (yeah I'm a cheap bas****).. I bought my springs off ebay almost two years ago and havent had any issues at all. Springs, install was 300 bucks. It rides rough as hell. I'm gonna put a grand in the suspension first of next year, so maybe that'll help out..
Old 06-13-2010, 09:46 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

That pic just looks like the front wheel gap is worse than the rear. Thats what I saw in that pic. But I will tell you this much...on my car i measured the front to the top of the wheel well to be 28" i believe it was. Then i measured the rear to the top of the wheel well and it measured in at 27 3/4"...living proof that they sag in the rear. Now mind you thats with a 265 35 18 tire on the front and 295 35 18 tire on the rear. The taller tire in the rear helps even it out.

Last edited by teej281; 06-13-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member

OMFG they are just some damn springs... jesus soomeof you guys here go nuts trying to change people minds and just bevause one time this happened or one time that happened. i dont wanna personally attack anyone, but what if I post pics of my car with eibachs and it CLEARLY doesnt sag? then what? TJ your car sags that sucks and im sorry, but damn there are thousands of people that dont have any issues. my can has 114k on the clock now and I use to drive it like my nuts were on fire 24-7. they do the job id recommend them. but im not going to stab a baby in the kidney if you disagree lmao. lets get over it. argueing about some MF'ing springs? cmon fellas it isnt that serious
Old 06-13-2010, 09:55 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Yeah crash gotta hate those speed bumps. I don't know about you but no one drives me car except me. Reason? When I was rocking the Mach 1 bumper spoiler I let a friend drive my car.. He Went over a speed bump and ripped it off. His words to me were "My Bad." I was frigging pissed!!
Story time, So one night while drinking at a friend's house, We ran out of beer. This girl that was with us asked if she could drive my car. I'm like ehh, why not, she knew how to drive a stick. So anyways, this is around when the city was repaving all of the roads and the man holes where sticking up pretty ffing high. Well, you can figure out where this is going. She ran over two of em....I about cringed to death. After we got more beer I said I'll drive back to my friend's house. I was pissed after that ****. I'm just glad she didn't rip of a sway bar or any other **** like that. I only allow my gf to drive my car when I'm inebriated as ****. But even she knows better not to go over a speed bump and to go around.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
Story time, So one night while drinking at a friend's house, We ran out of beer. This girl that was with us asked if she could drive my car. I'm like ehh, why not, she knew how to drive a stick. So anyways, this is around when the city was repaving all of the roads and the man holes where sticking up pretty ffing high. Well, you can figure out where this is going. She ran over two of em....I about cringed to death. After we got more beer I said I'll drive back to my friend's house. I was pissed after that ****. I'm just glad she didn't rip of a sway bar or any other **** like that. I only allow my gf to drive my car when I'm inebriated as ****. But even she knows better not to go over a speed bump and to go around.
ha ha god man, now teach her how to change your oil and brakes and sounds like you have a winner lmao
Old 06-13-2010, 10:09 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Dteal, I was just stating what I saw in the pic to back up my post earlier. Just explanation. And my car has 115k miles on it and I still do drive like my nuts are on fire. lol always have and unless im driving something that cant...always will. in the safest of manors of course.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:13 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Lol!!
Old 06-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member

i just noticed on this forum that people are often trying to CONVINCE people or change their mind about something and everything here becomes an arguement ya know. i drive like that too, unles my daughters are riding with me.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Ford racing Mustang c-spring
Old 06-13-2010, 11:40 PM
stangit9090
2nd Gear Member

Teej, maybe check your under carraige for bends or other **** messed up. Are verts heavier in the rear? Do you have th springs for a vert? Carey extra **** in the trunk?

Sorry for any typos or redundency, i post from my iPhone.

Quick Reply: My car sits waaayy to high