4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

My car sits waaayy to high

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 06:38 PM
timthegreat1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
I'm from Texas, and I am pissed off at your opinion. That is all.
I don't have an opinion.. I have never put springs in a mustang. I'm the one asking for opinions
Old 06-14-2010, 07:11 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Stick with a progressive rate spring like the Eibach pro-kit or H&R SS for a DD car. When run in conjunction with a good set of shocks, the car will ride very nicely and handle quite well too.

I have run multiple different kinds of springs both progressive and specific rate, coilover and conventional coil spring setups. I would have to say, the ride quality has a lot more to do with having the right shocks for your application than the difference between the available lowering springs for these cars. Just my $.02

I was happy with my pro-kit. It sat and handled very nice.

Last edited by tbirdscwd; 06-14-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:00 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tbirdscwd
Stick with a progressive rate spring like the Eibach pro-kit or H&R SS for a DD car. When run in conjunction with a good set of shocks, the car will ride very nicely and handle quite well too.

I have run multiple different kinds of springs both progressive and specific rate, coilover and conventional coil spring setups. I would have to say, the ride quality has a lot more to do with having the right shocks for your application than the difference between the available lowering springs for these cars. Just my $.02

You dont know what your talking about. Everyone knows stock shocks/struts ride the best. Especially with 2" drop springs.

/ sarcasm.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:01 PM
jt02gt
2nd Gear Member

has anybody ever tried the ford racing f springs?
Old 06-14-2010, 08:44 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302
You dont know what your talking about. Everyone knows stock shocks/struts ride the best. Especially with 2" drop springs.

/ sarcasm.

And yes jt, I have been using c-springs on my mustang for about 5 years now, but they are cut and I still have the stock shocks/struts so you don't want my opinion on ride quality.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:50 PM
jt02gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2k1gt

And yes jt, I have been using c-springs on my mustang for about 5 years now, but they are cut and I still have the stock shocks/struts so you don't want my opinion on ride quality.
I asked about the f springs not the c's
Old 06-15-2010, 07:02 AM
98BlueGT
2nd Gear Member

I have the FRPP "C" spring and I like it!

Last edited by 98BlueGT; 06-15-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:34 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302

/ sarcasm.
I know, I know. Only thing better than stock is APC or Tein
Old 06-16-2010, 04:44 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tbirdscwd

Car sits OK i guess... Not stock level, but still doesn't really look lowered... It just looks like how it should have come stock from the factory. Same thing with my current ride height.. These cars need to go lower

My tokico springs are equivalent to eibach i would say, but with higher spring rates for the front at least. The front is a spring rating of 680 and its a linear spring. The rear is a "slightly progressive spring" (quoted from the guy i spoke with from tokico) with a #250 spring rating... It rides extremely well, equipped with the tokico HP shocks and struts. It rides so well that i am probably going to cut some stock mach 1 springs in the rear and cut the tokicos up front SLIGHTLY...

But like everybody has said, ride comfort is subjective to each and every individual....

Will the linear rate spring with a #275 rating bother me if i were to put it out back with the HP shocks? Maybe it won't. To somebody else, it probably will..

If you want ride comfort and performance, go with bilstein HD's or some Koni's

Last edited by hpwrestler220; 06-16-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:58 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
Car sits OK i guess... Not stock level, but still doesn't really look lowered... It just looks like how it should have come stock from the factory. Same thing with my current ride height.. These cars need to go lower

My tokico springs are equivalent to eibach i would say, but with higher spring rates for the front at least. The front is a spring rating of 680 and its a linear spring. The rear is a "slightly progressive spring" (quoted from the guy i spoke with from tokico) with a #250 spring rating... It rides extremely well, equipped with the tokico HP shocks and struts. It rides so well that i am probably going to cut some stock mach 1 springs in the rear and cut the tokicos up front SLIGHTLY...

But like everybody has said, ride comfort is subjective to each and every individual....

Will the linear rate spring with a #275 rating bother me if i were to put it out back with the HP shocks? Maybe it won't. To somebody else, it probably will..

If you want ride comfort and performance, go with bilstein HD's or some Koni's
The lower you go the more things will require addressing such as pinion angle, lower control arm angle, exhaust clearance, bump steer, etc.....

I had the front tires tucked in the front and less than an inch of fender gap in the rear when I first installed my coilovers, but it was a pain in the *** and horrible for performance too.

Quick Reply: My car sits waaayy to high