4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Ok, So I Lied.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 11:37 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dimebag
Dont even get me started w cops lol

My exhaust, big n littles, drs, FNR(****in nasty racing) in the back window...and a mess of other things raise plenty of questions...whats 1 more thing gonna hurt? Lol
I thought it was illegal to have obscene words on a car?

...on a side note on my way to work this morning in the back window of a Subaru wagon diven by a 45ish year old guy said..."OBAMA SUCKS"

I laughed so hard. It was a plain white bumper sticker with black lettering lol. There was no other sickers of any sort on the car, which made it that more random and funny.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:52 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Dimebag your car is a rolling violation....and you know what? I f'n love it.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:27 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Someother **** about it is a red flag too...but im handling that shortly lol.

And idk...i see *** and **** on cars...ive been pulled over with the FNR sticker and didnt catch ****...
Old 06-24-2010, 07:02 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

So Dbag, you recommend getting all three? And links to a site that has all three switches?
Old 06-25-2010, 06:28 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302
So Dbag, you recommend getting all three? And links to a site that has all three switches?

LOL@ you callin him Dbag instead of DimeBag...
Old 06-25-2010, 07:47 AM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Dimebag your car is a rolling violation....and you know what? I f'n love it.
+juan and lol at being called Dbag. Pretty sweet setup otherwise.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:13 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Lol hey whatever works

Hoss... i run the msd digital window switch, no fpss( tho its a good idea and i should), and a microswitch. I had the zex tps switch...it worked great for a while...i took it off my car and put it back on a few months later and it never worked again...when it was working it was awesome...but it was dissapointing that it decided to stop working...

None the less, summit will have all 3 switches( tps or micro, window, and fpss)

Or check out harris speed works( i cant remember their site off the top of my head) they make a nice all in 1(minus fpss) piece.

And yes i recommend running all three. The wiring will prolly get complicated with all of them, but ill gladly help you draw a diagram up...as long as u wire everything correctly itll work like a top
Old 06-25-2010, 12:06 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

So, just so I understand here...

The FPSS is to prevent the system from injecting Nitrous if the fuel pressure dips below a preset value(like 35psi)

The window switch is an enable/disable for preset rpm range.

The TPS switch is to make sure the engine is at WOT, otherwise it won't feed the Nitrous.

Does this all seem right?

Do nitrous systems come with a module that has sets of contacts so that all you have to do is wire the switches to it and go, or do you supply your own relay's?

I know NOTHING about Nitrous systems lol
Old 06-25-2010, 12:11 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

hey hoss just wana say that if you do end up with that pillar, it is really clean looking. I have bought that one for my car and love it.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:06 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by devongarver
So, just so I understand here...

The FPSS is to prevent the system from injecting Nitrous if the fuel pressure dips below a preset value(like 35psi)

The window switch is an enable/disable for preset rpm range.

The TPS switch is to make sure the engine is at WOT, otherwise it won't feed the Nitrous.

Does this all seem right?

Do nitrous systems come with a module that has sets of contacts so that all you have to do is wire the switches to it and go, or do you supply your own relay's?

I know NOTHING about Nitrous systems lol
As far As I know, all systems come with nothing more than the bottle and lines. I think ZEX kits and venom kits provide a control module with it, but i dont know if they incorporate any safety features.
Originally Posted by 0949er
hey hoss just wana say that if you do end up with that pillar, it is really clean looking. I have bought that one for my car and love it.
I dunno, i just dont like the idea of having the gauges out in the open like that. I dont like the fact that I have my wideband gauge ontop of my steering column either. The speed of sound pod looks a lot better than your average autometer stuff tho