4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

S/C Install Price & RWHP..

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Default S/C Install Price & RWHP..

Well guys, pretty much done piecing the S/C together. Since I'm deployed a buddy will be taking the car to the shop in about 3 weeks. I wanted you guys opinion on how much it will cost (install) and also my RWHP #'s (estimated).
This is the S/C setup that I will be going with.

Votech V1 T-Trim S/C
Anderson Power Pipe
3.48 S/C pulley
CX racing intercooler
Upgrading to a 75MM TB & Plenum (wanted the polish look)
Tial BOV
HPX 05 Slot Style MAF
NGK TR6 Plugs
SVT Focus 255lph Fuel Pump
Seimens 42lb Injecotors

What would be a fair price for the install? The shop that is installing my S/C does not have a dyno machine and I've already made arrangements to get a tune mailed to me. The only thing they will be doing, is installing the S/C. Also with that setup, alongside the mods in my sig, what do you think my RWHP numbers will look like? Thanks..
Old 07-11-2010, 12:00 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

for boost, idk what you'll be making. You may be at the low 400's since you have cams and a big blower... From what I hear, you should save yourself a ton of money and install the s/c yourself... I wouldn't pay anything to get it installed!! If you must though, it's probably going to be around 600-1000 I would imagine
Old 07-11-2010, 12:08 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Well guys, pretty much done piecing the S/C together. Since I'm deployed a buddy will be taking the car to the shop in about 3 weeks. I wanted you guys opinion on how much it will cost (install) and also my RWHP #'s (estimated).
This is the S/C setup that I will be going with.

Votech V1 T-Trim S/C
Anderson Power Pipe
3.48 S/C pulley
CX racing intercooler
Upgrading to a 75MM TB & Plenum (wanted the polish look)
Tial BOV
HPX 05 Slot Style MAF
NGK TR6 Plugs
SVT Focus 255lph Fuel Pump
Seimens 42lb Injecotors

What would be a fair price for the install? The shop that is installing my S/C does not have a dyno machine and I've already made arrangements to get a tune mailed to me. The only thing they will be doing, is installing the S/C. Also with that setup, alongside the mods in my sig, what do you think my RWHP numbers will look like? Thanks..

huh? i thought you were getting it installed at mustang muscle.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
huh? i thought you were getting it installed at mustang muscle.

Well that was the plan.... I ws going to get a V3 from those guys for 3900 bucks (non-intercooled). Until one of the guys on here talked me into pieicing it together. With his help, I've preety much gotten everything except the BOV and I'm into the set up now at 1900 bucks. i figure when its all said and done I will be right at 2300 bucks. I will still have to get it tuned at Mustang Muscle because the guy installing the S/C dosen't have a dyno machine. I talked the guys at Mustang Muscle they are going to send me a tune and have quoted me 400 bucks for the dyno tune (2 hrs). Dosen't that seem a little high?
Old 07-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
for boost, idk what you'll be making. You may be at the low 400's since you have cams and a big blower... From what I hear, you should save yourself a ton of money and install the s/c yourself... I wouldn't pay anything to get it installed!! If you must though, it's probably going to be around 600-1000 I would imagine

Hey bro I hear you but turning wrenches is just not my cup of tea. Also once I get home I want to go, pick the car up, get it dynoed and enjoy the rest of my leave. I'm thinking at the most a grand also. I'm also installing chrome valve covers, chrome strut tower brace and a UPR Polished radiator cover. I went to a car show last year and had a blast, so I want to start doing that myself.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:36 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Well that was the plan.... I ws going to get a V3 from those guys for 3900 bucks (non-intercooled). Until one of the guys on here talked me into pieicing it together. With his help, I've preety much gotten everything except the BOV and I'm into the set up now at 1900 bucks. i figure when its all said and done I will be right at 2300 bucks. I will still have to get it tuned at Mustang Muscle because the guy installing the S/C dosen't have a dyno machine. I talked the guys at Mustang Muscle they are going to send me a tune and have quoted me 400 bucks for the dyno tune (2 hrs). Dosen't that seem a little high?
it seems right around par price wise. there are two other guys around the area with dynos that are pretty popular as well. not sure what their specific dyno time prices are though.

when i read your first post it sounded like you were just going to go with a canned tune, and i was like " NOOOO!". lol
Old 07-11-2010, 01:11 PM
trailor
3rd Gear Member

dyno tunes aint cheap man. renting out the dyno for like an hour or two is probably around $100-$200, then the tuner will charge you a normal tuning rate, which aint cheap. and they'll hafta use their wideband and may hafta install a bung for it, etc, etc. so that'll prolly be another $50 or more. the **** adds up pretty quickly. i would say if you don't wanna pay that much and you have the time when you come back, just buy the delta forces commando kit or something similar like quarterhorse or twEECer and tune it yourself. you'll get more "realistic" numbers by running on the street/track than a dyno.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:19 PM
zero2005
4th Gear Member

mmm not sure bout those cams....
they'll prolly charge you for about 8 hours install time.
then there's the tune. since you have an SCT, i'd say 75-150$ an hour depending on shop. 400 for 2 hours does seem a bit high? does that 400 include the "safe" tune mailed to you so you can drive the car to them? if it does its prolly right on par.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:18 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

I would think that $400 for a tune is pretty good... If they are a reputable shop, they are the only thing keeping your motor from breaking... Pay it and don't look back...

I understand about you wanting the car to be done when you get back so that you can enjoy it... I hope that when its done and you come back, that its everything you've ever wanted!
Old 07-11-2010, 06:21 PM
redneck racer
2nd Gear Member

400 bucks for 2 hours of tune isnt bad, tho i dont think it would take that long. i know they charge 150 where i live just for 3 pulls...

Quick Reply: S/C Install Price & RWHP..