4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Thanks American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 04:56 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Hope this can be resolved
Old 07-23-2010, 05:20 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cbraspd SVT
Bryan or Brian from American Muscle just called with promising news. He talked to Magnaflow this morning and took some info from me and they are going to ship me a new kit!

I'll put the old kit in the new box when it comes and send it back to Magnaflow.

I really like the Packs alot and just want what I paid for.

Thanks SO much to Emily, B, and American Muscle for making this rite!

-Malloy
CBRASPD SVT
(Cobra Speed)
Thats what I like to hear... A company standing behind their sale! AM has just won my business...!!! Now make/get some 2011 v6 parts so when I get back to the states I can buy stuff!!
Old 07-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Excellent news!! ...I have never had a problem with AM!!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Nevermind.... should've read the whole thread.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Rokgtar
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cbraspd SVT
Bryan or Brian from American Muscle just called with promising news. He talked to Magnaflow this morning and took some info from me and they are going to ship me a new kit!

I'll put the old kit in the new box when it comes and send it back to Magnaflow.

I really like the Packs alot and just want what I paid for.

Thanks SO much to Emily, B, and American Muscle for making this rite!

-Malloy
CBRASPD SVT
(Cobra Speed)
This is great news, definately for you - but what about the person out there who places an order with a company, gets the wrong kit or a damaged kit, missing parts, etc... and does not know that a company rep is available on a website willing to help? My first thought is that AM should have been more accomodating right from the go. It shouldn't take a push from one of their reps or an employee who is connected to the Mustang community via the web to get things done. Don't get me wrong; I'm glad that a resource was available and got things right for you, but AM should have been more willing to work with you initially to resolve this issue.

Sorry for the rant, but this type of thing gets me pissed off! I'm in customer service (IT) and that type of "no can do" attitude from me would get me fired in short order - and rightly so!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:32 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I still havent seen any pics of this and in MY personal opinion, to drag AM into this was kinda not the right thing to do. They buy the catback from Magnaflow directly and they dont open it. Its in the box that it came from Magnaflow in. AM has nothing to do with what was in the box. This was a manufacture-direct issue that should have been a warranty claim instead of an angry phone call to AM. Now those who want feedback and are debating a purchase with AM might come across this thread and think that this was their fault and even though they helped fix it, it really had nothing to do with them. Magnaflow packaged the exhaust wrong and shipped it to AM. Now it would have been wise to call AM to warn them that your kit was not correct so that they might be forewarned that you might not have been the only one as they dont check the contents to make sure its exactly whats supposed to be in there. And they certainly do not test fit each and every catback or product on a car before they ship it out to make sure it fits properly. It really pisses me off when i see something like this on the forums, especially when dealing with AM because their customer service is A++. They have been awesome to me every time I order something from them. I ordered c/c plates during their fathers day sale and when I called to place my order, i was told the $20 off coupon code was only good for online orders...and then the woman on the phone continued to place the order over the internet for me so I got the $20 off. And every single time I call them up on the phone, I end up spending about 10 minutes after I complete my order talking to whoever is on the phone with me about cars and stuff. They are awesome at what they do and I hate to see someone possibly tarnish their name over something that really had nothing to do with them.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I don't think you understand exactly what happened, Teej. I was there with Cbraspd when he was having the exhaust installed. I personally witnessed Cbraspd and the tech trying to explain to Magnaflow AND AmericanMuscle what was going on. AM was fully responsible. They are the ones that collected the money on the deal, about $500. I don't get how you can sale a product to a customer and not be held responsible. Its AM's place to deal with the distributer, not the customer's. Cbraspd was given the run around by both customer service agents and techs at both Magnaflow and AM. He has been fighting this for over a month and a half and neither place was budging one bit. It was my suggestion to start a thread here about this. And what do ya know, WA-LA, all of a sudden AM is ready to do the right thing. I don't know about you man, but $500 is a lot of damn money to just throw away. Posting about this on the forums was a last resort to remedy a situation that was going nowhere. Trust me, Cbraspd did EVERYTHING that AM and Magnaflow told him to do, short of removing the exhaust, paying $70 to ship it to Magnaflow, and having a car down for God knows how long. Put yourself in his shoes.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:59 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Stone! You are one hell of a respected member here....I understand your and the OPs frustration. I have literally ordered thousands of dollars worth of bolt-on mods through American Muscle and have not been once less than 110% satisfied. What is most important to me is that American Muscle has made headway in resolving this issue. AM is a fantastic company and we are all very privileged to have them as a resource for our Mustang Addicted needs.
What I am not excited about is the negative publicity this thread has caused with potential customers. What I would like to make clear is that just like any business, AM will make mistakes. Voice your opinion regarding the problem! If the vendor steps up, 150 percent kudos to them. AM will and always be my vendor for Mustang car parts.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:05 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Stone! You are one hell of a respected member here....I understand your and the OPs frustration. I have literally ordered thousands of dollars worth of bolt-on mods through American Muscle and have not been once less than 110% satisfied. What is most important to me is that American Muscle has made headway in resolving this issue. AM is a fantastic company and we are all very privileged to have them as a resource for our Mustang Addicted needs.
What I am not excited about is the negative publicity this thread has caused with potential customers. What I would like to make clear is that just like any business, AM will make mistakes. Voice your opinion regarding the problem! If the vendor steps up, 150 percent kudos to them. AM will and always be my vendor for Mustang car parts.
I agree and understand exactly what you are saying, Purple. I too have been nothing but satisfied with AM's performance and customer service. IMO, Cbraspd may of just gotten hold of a bad rep, or maybe a good rep that was misinformed. Either way, Emily got to the bottom of it and has earned AM yet another satisfied customer. I feel sure this was an isolated event.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:13 AM
Cbraspd SVT

Like Stone said...This was a LAST resort. I gave them every opportunity to make it rite without doing this...I know it can cause a negative image, thats why they seemingly HAD to fix this problem.

What else was I supposed to do?

So far, so good. We will see when the new kit arrives. The tech told me he would email me a receipt and also a pre paid shipment order tag and I have NOT received either yet. I know it takes time to process this stuff.
Guess I'm still a little bit of a skeptic based on how it unfolded to begin with.
If they make it rite as promised, I will surely be continuing my biz with them and referring them to my friends and other potential customers...which is ALOT of people.

Why would you worry about this thread causing people not to buy from Am since they are fixing the problem?

-Despite whether you think it was AMs fault or Magnaflows-

Wouldn't this further add to there credibility?

Quick Reply: Thanks American Muscle