4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

NEED AS MUCH HELP AS POSSIBLE

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

not hear to get into a meat measuring contest with ya both have their pros and cons just stating that IMO i dont think centris are dumb and im sure alot of ppl would have th same thought on that. and th point of the link was to look at the psi and power output comparison of the two seems as if one needs more psi to get the same power output of the other at a lower psi even thought that chart is on a roots vs centri not twin vs centri and ya dont have to break down the diff between roots and twin screw to me i got it already. like i said i dont think the most efficient type of blower is "dumb" just my opinion. it was a response to your "opinion" but it was mainly info for the guy who posted the thread guy not trying to argue with you
Old 08-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

pony 123 he may have though he was on top of the world and just didnt know how fast those things are even from the factory. i get ya point though he shoulda just asked for modding ideas intead of tellin everyone how th evo spanked on him
Old 08-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Pony123
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rockwell28
pony 123 he may have though he was on top of the world and just didnt know how fast those things are even from the factory. i get ya point though he shoulda just asked for modding ideas intead of tellin everyone how th evo spanked on him
Exactly..

Evos are built from factory... Those engines can take huge turbos without supporting mods. Evos are extremely easy to build. And YES you will most liekly waste more $$ on mods. Never think ur the fastest car in your neigborhood. Just like you mod your car people mod theirs. Mustangs are definitly not the easiest to mod compared to others. MS3s 335i Evos STI they all can go Fast on a 4 banger.

Easiest way to go is boost. You can buy a nice kit for 5k.

** Dont mod to go faster then the other guy. Thats immature. Mod because its you hobby and something you like to do. If its your hobby then do some research on different mods and how they help you. Dont just read "this mod gives you 15 hp." Read why it does.

Another tip is install parts yourself. or ask for help. I installed my Vortech myself and i learned soo much more about the car.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:52 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Devo, you stole my wording on that reason why you hate centri blowers you bastard!!! And yea, you do a KB, you'll be spanking a lot of whats on the road.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:55 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pony123
Exactly..

Evos are built from factory... Those engines can take huge turbos without supporting mods. Evos are extremely easy to build. And YES you will most liekly waste more $$ on mods. Never think ur the fastest car in your neigborhood. Just like you mod your car people mod theirs. Mustangs are definitly not the easiest to mod compared to others. MS3s 335i Evos STI they all can go Fast on a 4 banger.

Easiest way to go is boost. You can buy a nice kit for 5k.

** Dont mod to go faster then the other guy. Thats immature. Mod because its you hobby and something you like to do. If its your hobby then do some research on different mods and how they help you. Dont just read "this mod gives you 15 hp." Read why it does.

Another tip is install parts yourself. or ask for help. I installed my Vortech myself and i learned soo much more about the car.
did you just seriously say a mazdaspeed 3?! gtfo here with that stupid $hit. a friend of a friend sold his because he couldn't get the POS out of the 13s.

and rockwell..obviously the roots is going to have higher IATs. its one of the most inefficient designs out there. any form of positive displacement blower just likes heat unfortunately which is why i plan on ditching them for a turbo or two at some point.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

lol KB's are amazing and godsent but ive purchased a vortech kit for my stang! Anyway pony 123 are you running that Vortech intercooled or non intercooled and do you have any regrets or complaints about going with th kit?
Old 08-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Pony123
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rockwell28
lol KB's are amazing and godsent but ive purchased a vortech kit for my stang! Anyway pony 123 are you running that Vortech intercooled or non intercooled and do you have any regrets or complaints about going with th kit?
non intercooled...

havent ran it long enough to have any complaint or regrets..

All i can say get an intercooler. But if you were in the same bought as me $$ wise then u wont regret anything. Its funn Def no regrets i enjoy the whistle it gives as well

I have the V2 which one do you have
Old 08-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Pony123
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
did you just seriously say a mazdaspeed 3?! gtfo here with that stupid $hit. a friend of a friend sold his because he couldn't get the POS out of the 13s.

and rockwell..obviously the roots is going to have higher IATs. its one of the most inefficient designs out there. any form of positive displacement blower just likes heat unfortunately which is why i plan on ditching them for a turbo or two at some point.
After the MS3 fuel problem is resolved the car is a monster. With the Tune that car runs like a champ .. Trust me a regular bolted stang will not beat it

Clearly your friend did not know how to build his MS3
Old 08-06-2010, 04:17 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pony123
After the MS3 fuel problem is resolved the car is a monster. With the Tune that car runs like a champ .. Trust me a regular bolted stang will not beat it

Clearly your friend did not know how to build his MS3
maybe...i do know that they can't launch for $hit. that was his main problem.

they can be solid street cars, but i wouldn't come close to really calling them fast. besides...i don't judge a cars quickness on how it compares to a "regular bolt on stang".
Old 08-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

the kit that i have is a v1 s-trim so it will be on the loud side i was just debating on getting an ic vs not getting one since the vortech tech said i dont need one with that kit. but after reading a bit and talkin to ppl i see its my Best bet to run an intercooler. only thing i have left to get is a fuel pressure gauge and boost gauge, and instrument cluster mounting kit then it shouldnt be long after that and i understand on the $$$ thing thats why its taken me so long to put it on so far. had it for like 3+ months already

...and 945lsstang good luck with the turbo kit sure you will be able to get money for the roots from sm1 who wants to do the torktech kit