4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Today is a sad day

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
I hit 48 grand before I deployed last year.. she's been sitting in the garage since then... as far as selling it no way.. my wife would kill me...
That sir is a good women !
Old 08-16-2010, 08:54 AM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Haha im at like 91k on the body on my car. 0 miles on the new motor .

But i hate my dad. His T/A just turned over 20k...whatta d*ck lol.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:58 AM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

im hitting 80k on the way to work today, im dreading it
Old 08-16-2010, 09:22 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

I have around 60k on mine, and it doesn't even matter to me. Suspension is completely redone, rear end is redone and built to the hilt, motor will be completely redone/built, and she'll always have a spot in the garage when she becomes a garage queen. My toy forever.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:33 AM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
I have around 60k on mine, and it doesn't even matter to me. Suspension is completely redone, rear end is redone and built to the hilt, motor will be completely redone/built, and she'll always have a spot in the garage when she becomes a garage queen. My toy forever.
Thats how I am!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:36 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

I have some rock chips on my hood from the highway, and I don't even care bc once the motor is all setup, shes getting that same hood/bumper as SoldierGT...

I just don't get why some people put thousands of dollars into their toys, get sick of them and then wholesale them off just to buy another toy to dump thousands into. I bought exactly what I wanted rather than something to "keep me happy" for the time-being. No matter what way you cut it, cars are one of the worst investments you can possibly make. With that being said, why not build it to how YOU WANT IT and keep it as your dime-piece? /my .02

Last edited by PurpleIcedGT; 08-16-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:57 AM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Exactly! I LOVE my car and could never sell it. It's gonna be my toy forever...and its gonna be one B.A lil toy too . Just a matter of time...just seein where i started 5 years ago and how it is now...just puts a smile on my face!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:18 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
I have some rock chips on my hood from the highway, and I don't even care bc once the motor is all setup, shes getting that same hood/bumper as SoldierGT...

I just don't get why some people put thousands of dollars into their toys, get sick of them and then wholesale them off just to buy another toy to dump thousands into. I bought exactly what I wanted rather than something to "keep me happy" for the time-being. No matter what way you cut it, cars are one of the worst investments you can possibly make. With that being said, why not build it to how YOU WANT IT and keep it as your dime-piece? /my .02
+1

My thoughts exactly. I just hit 84K and I was like , but...I plan on keeping this car for years to come and riding it til it dies. I always keep the cars I have until they die or give them to an immediate family member. I can't just get rid of my cars like that just to spend it on another thing and make more payments and such. Cars are horrible investments, lose more and more monetary worth every day.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:58 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

I have 13x,xxx on the body....well most of the body....bumpers are new, driver side quarter is new too... its on trans 3, the rear has been appart more then not. And im getting ready to do motor 4.... suspension isnt stock.... honestly.... the body and interior are the only things w any milage on them lol
Old 08-16-2010, 11:35 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Don't scare me like that

Quick Reply: Today is a sad day