4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

02 GT Shopping List

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Unsullied_Spy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
^Retarded thinking right there...
Care to elaborate?
Old 08-22-2010, 04:01 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

its it possible to sticky a write up on how to reach 370-400rwhp so we can avoid the same threads over and over again?
Old 08-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Unsullied_Spy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kugzgt
its it possible to sticky a write up on how to reach 370-400rwhp so we can avoid the same threads over and over again?
Something with different stages of upgrades with a price and expected power gains would be nice. It would let those of us on a budget find where we want to be much easier.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kugzgt
FI or Nitrous

/end thread.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:47 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

haha nice hang. i gotta agree with kug though. a little searching through the forum and people wouldnt be asking,
Old 08-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

But then there would only be new threads every other 5 days (excluding the POD threads).
Old 08-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr Graystang
But then there would only be new threads every other 5 days (excluding the POD threads).
^^^sad but true...
Old 08-22-2010, 10:54 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Unsullied_Spy
Care to elaborate?

ABSOLUTELY. You came in here and basically asked us on here what the easiest/cheapest/most cost effective way for you to be able to "pull" on your brothers Mach 1 and a friends Evo. Am I correct?

The most cost effective way would be 4.10s,offroad midpipe,short throw,100 wet shot and a tuner. And of course, sticky tires. We know that you have a short throw and sticky tires so you can cross those off your short list. On corral.net you can EASILY find a nice and complete wet-shot kit, and also an offroad X or H pipe of your choice for approx 80-120 dollars depending on location, condition, etc. The 4.10s/tuner combo you can find on American Muscle.

Then you come back and say that you are discontent with the top speed of 4th gear on 4.10s? How fast do you plan on going? 110 is not the top speed of 4.10s in 4th gear. You can check out CliffyK's website and learn all about gear ratios/tire sizes/top speeds per gear, etc.

Again, just trying to help here. Since you are semi "building" a nitrous car, you should consult with some of the guys on here that know the most about nitrous. 01GT46, Dimebag, JAYC <---Just to name a few. And if I recall correctly, 01GT46 ran 4.10s, Dimebag has either 4.10s or 4.30s and JayC has 4.30s on his car. If you have any doubt in my advice for a nitrous setup with gears, PM these guys because the three of them built kick *** f'n cars.

Once again, best of luck. For the record, I drive 79 miles to work and 79 miles home 5 days a week, and average 22-27mpg...on 4.10s.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Good write up PurpledIced.. It amazes me why people worry about gas mileage when driving a mustang..
Old 08-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Unsullied_Spy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
ABSOLUTELY. You came in here and basically asked us on here what the easiest/cheapest/most cost effective way for you to be able to "pull" on your brothers Mach 1 and a friends Evo. Am I correct?

The most cost effective way would be 4.10s,offroad midpipe,short throw,100 wet shot and a tuner. And of course, sticky tires. We know that you have a short throw and sticky tires so you can cross those off your short list. On corral.net you can EASILY find a nice and complete wet-shot kit, and also an offroad X or H pipe of your choice for approx 80-120 dollars depending on location, condition, etc. The 4.10s/tuner combo you can find on American Muscle.

Then you come back and say that you are discontent with the top speed of 4th gear on 4.10s? How fast do you plan on going? 110 is not the top speed of 4.10s in 4th gear. You can check out CliffyK's website and learn all about gear ratios/tire sizes/top speeds per gear, etc.

Again, just trying to help here. Since you are semi "building" a nitrous car, you should consult with some of the guys on here that know the most about nitrous. 01GT46, Dimebag, JAYC <---Just to name a few. And if I recall correctly, 01GT46 ran 4.10s, Dimebag has either 4.10s or 4.30s and JayC has 4.30s on his car. If you have any doubt in my advice for a nitrous setup with gears, PM these guys because the three of them built kick *** f'n cars.

Once again, best of luck. For the record, I drive 79 miles to work and 79 miles home 5 days a week, and average 22-27mpg...on 4.10s.
Thank you, that's much better. I'd like to be getting into the 120s and 130s without much ado.

22-27 MPG on 4.10s would be nice, what speed is that at?

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Good write up PurpledIced.. It amazes me why people worry about gas mileage when driving a mustang..
Simple explanation: My car gets about 24 MPG as it sits with where and how it's driven, therefore I can afford to drive it twice as often as I could if it got 12 MPG. Not all of us can afford a car that runs on diamonds and have to make do with what we've got.

Quick Reply: 02 GT Shopping List