4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

advice-first time buyer

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Or um.... a 1996 4v, known as a cobra 300hp rated from factory, which is on the same price level as the z-28= drivers race. Also the PI gt came out in 99 with the change of the body style which is also a drivers race vs a standard WRX and SRT4. He sounds young??? Its a possibility but no where did I hear him even remotley say he wants to buy this car to race everyone and their mother or be the fastest thing in the world. In the beginning of the post he said he likes mustangs and he would like to get one, and u come flamming about how mustangs are slow and will loose to everything, well maybe thats you're mustang. If hes young its a good thing he is stepping into the mustang community, as we all did to at one point, which I would assume everyone likes here on this "mustang dedicaded forum". Since we are making assumptions about people by their posts, I'm under the assumption you're car is slow and you can't drive and loose to everything on the street. So if mustangs are slow and suck at everything please grow a mullet, pick up an 91 IROC Z for 2k, weld on some quarters, patch the floor and head over to the Government Motors forum (on a side note, chevy's legendary 350 SB was actually a designed firing order motor from ford which they stole and put a patent on). Thank you that is all. OP good luck with you're mustang searchering I'm sure you'll find a car you'll be more than happy with. 5k is a tad high for one with 116k on the clock. Keep looking you can def find a better deal.
Yes omnipotent one you are right, my mustang is slow, just like yours was before the 4v swap , assbag.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:33 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

[quote] Best bases? Are you kidding me? Have you ever worked on another car? The 2vs suck to hot rod. It costs thousands to get any kind of power. The other goober loved the 2v so much he swapped a 4v in its place. Stop being such homers.
[quote]
WTF kind of expereince do you have hot rodding a car???? You're the goober...............I read through you're previous posts you can't even bolt on a PI intake manifold to you're car u have to take it to a shop...............and asked how long it should take so you don't get ripped off............... you never hot rodded anything...............please just bow out this thread. The guy already said he knows he's not buying the fastest car in the solar system he simple wants and loves mustangs.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:36 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

My dick is bigger than both of yours... so can we please get back on subject here?
Old 09-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

[QUOTE=uberstang1;7209756][quote] Best bases? Are you kidding me? Have you ever worked on another car? The 2vs suck to hot rod. It costs thousands to get any kind of power. The other goober loved the 2v so much he swapped a 4v in its place. Stop being such homers.
WTF kind of expereince do you have hot rodding a car???? You're the goober...............I read through you're previous posts you can't even bolt on a PI intake manifold to you're car u have to take it to a shop...............and asked how long it should take so you don't get ripped off............... you never hot rodded anything...............please just bow out this thread. The guy already said he knows he's not buying the fastest car in the solar system he simple wants and loves mustangs.
Blah, Blah Blah. Again you as always are correct I have never worked on an engine before. You got me.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank
My dick is bigger than both of yours... so can we please get back on subject here?

You got it moose
Old 09-21-2010, 04:44 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

[quote] Well you seem to know everything about 2 valves and how they can never be made fast, even thought there are tons of 2 valves out there running all sorts of FI setups making MORE than enough power and running plenty fast ETs. But once again you know all about the 2v...but can't bolt on an intake manifold on one. Getting back to the original topic, OP I wouldn't rush into buying the first good deal you see, come the dead of winter in mass. I'm sure you can pick up a nice gt for a decent price.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:48 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

[QUOTE=uberstang1;7209773]
Well you seem to know everything about 2 valves and how they can never be made fast, even thought there are tons of 2 valves out there running all sorts of FI setups making MORE than enough power and running plenty fast ETs. But once again you know all about the 2v...but can't bolt on an intake manifold on one. Getting back to the original topic, OP I wouldn't rush into buying the first good deal you see, come the dead of winter in mass. I'm sure you can pick up a nice gt for a decent price.
Could not agree more, I fell victim to a 'before winter rush' when I bought my mustang many moons ago. Because of it, I didn't end up with the car I really wanted. Take your time, with winter coming, let someone else store the car... which will only give you more time to research.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

[QUOTE=uberstang1;7209773]
Well you seem to know everything about 2 valves and how they can never be made fast, even thought there are tons of 2 valves out there running all sorts of FI setups making MORE than enough power and running plenty fast ETs. But once again you know all about the 2v...but can't bolt on an intake manifold on one. Getting back to the original topic, OP I wouldn't rush into buying the first good deal you see, come the dead of winter in mass. I'm sure you can pick up a nice gt for a decent price.
Never said they could not be made fast, fool. But it's a very expensive proposition to get there, and in my opinion, more so than with other cars.

And yes I am incapable of bolting things together, you are God like in your ability to read people. I am in awe of you and your obvious bolting abilities sir.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

[QUOTE=Armydad;7209787]
Originally Posted by uberstang1

Never said they could not be made fast, fool. But it's a very expensive proposition to get there, and in my opinion, more so than with other cars.

And yes I am incapable of bolting things together, you are God like in your ability to read people. I am in awe of you and your obvious bolting abilities sir.
I though for sure i said one ofTHE BEST BASES FOR THE AFTERMARKET. hasnt it been that way since the mustang came out what other car has more sites and magazines for modding or after market parts than a mustang? i didnt say the best BASE FOR THE BIGGEST HORSEPOWER OUTPUT. i said for the aftermarket. Relax pimpin!
Old 09-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Armydad
You got it moose
we all know as a base that heads and cam on an LS or a HEMI would put out bigger power numbers than heads and cam on a 4.6 but hell look at the size difference. But which responds better to boost? Which has the largest aftermarket engine, interior, exterior, etc.....?

Quick Reply: advice-first time buyer