4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Restored some wheels, bedliner

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Spilotro
2nd Gear Member

Default Restored some wheels, bedliner

Some of you remember a thread I made a while back about bedlining wheels. I decided against it on my Bullitts, but it DID turn out really well, and exceeded expectation. Here's how it turned out on some 1970s Camaro wheels.

Before:

After:

The big shocker for me is that it didn't negatively affect the balance of the wheel, nor did it add anymore weight than regular paint would have. From some views it looks glossy, and from others it looks flat. Very cool in person!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:08 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

I could see that being a really cool idea on an off-road truck... on a street car I think it would look kinda weird.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:21 AM
natedog
3rd Gear Member

Is there any reason behind doing it except for it being unique? Sorry, I just don't see the point. Definitely interesting though
Old 09-23-2010, 11:23 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by natedog
Is there any reason behind doing it except for it being unique? Sorry, I just don't see the point. Definitely interesting though
Imagine how durable and easy they would be to clean if you had an off-road truck that you got muddy all the time.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:31 AM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank
Imagine how durable and easy they would be to clean if you had an off-road truck that you got muddy all the time.
i agree with this
Old 09-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Spilotro
2nd Gear Member

You really have to be looking for it to notice the texture, and it's difficult to catch with a camera. It looks neat up close, but the real advantage is in durability. If you live in the country like me, painted wheels can take a beating.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:43 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Spilotro
You really have to be looking for it to notice the texture, and it's difficult to catch with a camera. It looks neat up close, but the real advantage is in durability. If you live in the country like me, painted wheels can take a beating.
Yeah or that... I'm still not 100% sold on the look for a street car.. but I can certainly see the practical purpose of it. Especially if you live in the sticks and drive on a lot of gravel roads.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Bpohlman13
3rd Gear Member

It looks pretty good. Just looks like flat black. What type of car is it though? I see a chassis in the backround of the last picture.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:31 PM
jst98gtmustang
3rd Gear Member

that's a grate idea for an off road truck.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:49 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

would definately say a cool idea for an OR vehicle. my buddy had an old jeep wrangler that had bed liner sprayed over the entire vehicle, inside and out. it was stupid easy to clean it.

can't really comment on how i like it or not because thats one of those things you'd have to see in person, and you said yourself you can't capture the texture and everything with a camera. from the PICTURES, it doesnt look half bad, i wasnt sure how they would turn out when you tossed the idea around a little while back. looks like a flat black powder coating. but without seeing it in person, i dunno.

Quick Reply: Restored some wheels, bedliner