4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.
View Poll Results: To trade or not to trade
Keep the 03 GT
56.00%
Trade for the 09 GT
44.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

To Trade or not to trade

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

When is the last time somebody took advantage of a warranty on a 1-3 year old Mustang. When is the last time somebody said OH **** wish I had a warranty on this 03 GT. Pretty sure reliability is right there dead last on my list of worries when owning a Mustang. I'm going to be pushing that reliability envelope anyways on my stang eventually, and Ford isnt going to accept those reasons to warranty a broken part.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:28 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Three things here that make me steer completely towards keeping the 03.

1. You already had a Cobra and sold it, so I'm assuming that the Cobra doesn't faze you like it fazes others.

2. Not sure about you, but I'd much rather owe 6k than 19k or 10k (assuming you sell the 03 and put every nickle towards an 09)

3. Problems that you are having with the 03 I assume you are MORE than capable fixing...considering you are a mechanic IIRC.

Just my .02 man!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:37 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

I'd say don't do it, keep the 03. The 2009 Mustang isn't that great IMO. Just never was a fan of it's styling and it isn't THAT much faster than what you have now. Also, owing 6K is a lot better than owing a potential 12k. If you wanna spend that kinda money, I'd just go with the 2011 and go all out. But not worth it for a 09 GT, just my 2 cents.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:39 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Also, for the OP, what are the pros and cons to doing both things....?
Old 09-27-2010, 08:46 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
When is the last time somebody took advantage of a warranty on a 1-3 year old Mustang. When is the last time somebody said OH **** wish I had a warranty on this 03 GT. Pretty sure reliability is right there dead last on my list of worries when owning a Mustang. I'm going to be pushing that reliability envelope anyways on my stang eventually, and Ford isnt going to accept those reasons to warranty a broken part.
good point

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT

1. You already had a Cobra and sold it, so I'm assuming that the Cobra doesn't faze you like it fazes others.

2. Not sure about you, but I'd much rather owe 6k than 19k or 10k (assuming you sell the 03 and put every nickle towards an 09)

3. Problems that you are having with the 03 I assume you are MORE than capable fixing...considering you are a mechanic IIRC.

Just my .02 man!
more good points

I'm in the "keep the 03" boat
Old 09-27-2010, 08:54 PM
03BottleFedGT
3rd Gear Member

Just my .02 man!
dont get me wrong I loved my cobra was just offered the right price. And yeah I can fix the problems. Just getting bored with the 03 need something new to play with.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:14 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

I vote for keeping the 03 as a DD and saving through winter and picking up a fox in the spring...Or you can pickup an old Nissan Stanza!!?? I borrowed my grandpas 1990 4cyl Automatic Stanza for a week and a half while my car was down and we were fixing the clutch. Once I got back into my stang I felt like I was driving a NASA rocketship. lol

Your cobra was Mystichrome right? I saw a few mystichrome cobras at the AM show... maybe it is just me, but I have no idea what people are so crazy about that color for. That color really doesn't do it for me.

Last edited by PurpleIcedGT; 09-27-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:24 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

I wouldn't trade honestly. Are you looking to up your credit score though? That would be my main reason for going deeper into debt...
Old 09-27-2010, 09:26 PM
03BottleFedGT
3rd Gear Member

I vote for keeping the 03 as a DD and saving through winter and picking up a fox in the spring...Or you can pickup an old Nissan Stanza!!?? I borrowed my grandpas 1990 4cyl Automatic Stanza for a week and a half while my car was down and we were fixing the clutch. Once I got back into my stang I felt like I was driving a NASA rocketship. lol

Your cobra was Mystichrome right? I saw a few mystichrome cobras at the AM show... maybe it is just me, but I have no idea what people are so crazy about that color for. That color really doesn't do it for me.
Yeah mine was a Mystichrome vert. And I drive a 4cyl ford ranger company truck 5 days a week and yeah the stang feels like a rocket ship on the weekends just need something new.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Trade. My 07 GT was a great DD and if I had to still DD my mustang I would have kept it instead of getting my cobra.

Quick Reply: To Trade or not to trade