4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

This thread is worthless.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 06:51 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Default This thread is worthless.

In advance
No pics right now.

I finally got around to lowering the back of my car. Cut off 3/4th of a coil and now the car sits about an inch and a half lower. Very similar to an H&R Super Sport spring in the back. Only downside so far is it actually makes me feel like my front end is higher now. Maybe it actually is since leveling the car out probably put less weight over the front tires. I may end up lowering the coil overs up front in a day or two.

Last edited by Kerns; 09-29-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

This ones better than the other one where the sorry bastard doesnt want to accept an answer after its been given to him 5 times. Somehow that makes them "smart remarks." He insists the answers change! I'll be a happy contributor to his "blew the Mfer up" thread. Gratz on the drop i'm dieing to drop my car but Its not practical for a DD around here and I don't half *** ****. Id replace shocks and struts at the same time. So many other things id rather spend money on.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
This ones better than the other one where the sorry bastard doesnt want to accept an answer after its been given to him 5 times. Somehow that makes them "smart remarks." He insists the answers change! I'll be a happy contributor to his "blew the Mfer up" thread. Gratz on the drop i'm dieing to drop my car but Its not practical for a DD around here and I don't half *** ****. Id replace shocks and struts at the same time. So many other things id rather spend money on.
Yeah, that is actually one thing that has been killing my 60ft times (1.78 best) is the fact that I have a blown drivers side shock. Already finished out the front suspension. Will probably buy some Lakewood 50/50's for the rear in the next week or so and have the rear suspension pretty much finished up. Well, at least minor stuff. At some point it will be going 31/33 spline and TA/PHB, but that is not for a while.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:36 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

I secretly was hoping no one was going to post in this thread since you don't have any pictures...hahaha jk, how does it ride now?
Old 09-29-2010, 07:39 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kerns
Yeah, that is actually one thing that has been killing my 60ft times (1.78 best) is the fact that I have a blown drivers side shock. Already finished out the front suspension. Will probably buy some Lakewood 50/50's for the rear in the next week or so and have the rear suspension pretty much finished up. Well, at least minor stuff. At some point it will be going 31/33 spline and TA/PHB, but that is not for a while.
if you're going for 60ft times i've heard very frequently that a ta/phb setup is not what you want, but instead look into baseline or teamz ca's. also, go for some strange shocks so you can adjust them for street when there, and likewise with the track .

but back to the original topic, i'd like to see some before and after pics please . i cut a full coil out of the rear springs on my '95 and it seemed like they didn't lower it at all. but my car's gutted in the back so that may be the reason as well.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
if you're going for 60ft times i've heard very frequently that a ta/phb setup is not what you want, but instead look into baseline or teamz ca's. also, go for some strange shocks so you can adjust them for street when there, and likewise with the track .

but back to the original topic, i'd like to see some before and after pics please . i cut a full coil out of the rear springs on my '95 and it seemed like they didn't lower it at all. but my car's gutted in the back so that may be the reason as well.
I have actually been really up in the air about going strange or lakewoods. I have heard that strange are pretty loud... Like noticeably loud on the street. I don't want my car to sound like its falling apart when I make a turn just for a little adjustability. Most of the time people end up having their adjustable shocks at a 50/50 rate anyway unless they are having to deal with weird track prep. This car rarely sees the track right now. Primarily because I don't want to break anything. If Strange 10 ways actually are roughly as quiet as stock shocks then I will definitely go that route. I will post up some pics probably tomorrow.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
I secretly was hoping no one was going to post in this thread since you don't have any pictures...hahaha jk, how does it ride now?
Well since they are a linear rate spring it rides essentially the same, just lowers the car. Once I put on some new shocks I'm sure the ride will improve dramatically.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:57 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

i don't have strange shocks myself, i have lakewoods lol, they came on the car, but if i were to buy new one's i'd deff go strange over lakewood. i do have strange struts, and they are not noisy in any way. i've never heard of the shocks being loud either, but i've never really thought about it.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:54 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Had strange shocks and struts...they were loud as F*CK! I hated those things!!! I'd much rather go with lakewoods if i were to go drag racing route ever again.