4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

What am I missing from sc kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 05:46 PM
demighost
2nd Gear Member

Default What am I missing from sc kit

Sup all, Im getting closer to starting the install. I did a mock-up in my room the other day to get a idea of how stuff will work. But one problem I dont have piping that would come from the elbow with the BOV on it and connect to the tb..

The guy I bought the kit from had a bullit intake so he had different piping... I have a steeda cai I wish I could make work cuz it would fit but I cant since it has the bung's for the iac and egr?

So my question is where and what should I get to make this complete...

Here is a pic of the mock-up from a cell sryyy

Old 12-04-2010, 05:17 PM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

It looks like a lot of the important stuff is there. Do you have the hardware to attach the head unit braket to the car? I think you're missing some idler pullies and maybe some oil line hardware for your oil pan. I guess you have 42# injectors do you have a better fuel pump?

I used www.superchargersonline.com when putting all mine together.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

If you are going with a blow through system then you can use your CAI system because you will actually want the bung for the IAC. you can also just cap off the other bung or both bungs if you want. You can buy little rubber stoppers at Lowes and they work great.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:55 AM
demighost
2nd Gear Member

OK update, yes I have the bracket to mount to the car, infact the headunit was mounted yesterday along withe the Vortech supplied pullies.. the piece i was worrying about is from the bypass pipe to the tb... You say I can use rubber plugs to cap of the bung's will that really work? Im only going for ten psi so I guess they wont pop.. Im going to have to order a coupler to connect them as the bypass pipe is 3inch and the inlet the that cai pipe is 3.5 i believe..

Also the inlet to the sc itself has the bungs that are on the cai.. Should I cap these off also?
Old 12-05-2010, 07:58 AM
demighost
2nd Gear Member

kerns your build seems very similar to mine, is there anyway you can email me pics? or pm me pics? Im in no rush for this install slow and steady is how Im going... I just wanna make sure how the piping and how the lines that normally goto the cai are routed. As the vortech installation manual doesnt help much since this setup uses a intercooler instead of the aftercooler..... you can pm me for my email