4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

tork tech adapter and a 2.8H kennebell?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 04:08 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302
Considering you can push more than ull ever need out of a novi 2000 your wasting your money on a 2.8. LOL a lot of people have a seriously warped idea of what is usable power on the street...or even at the track.
+1

People have aspirations of big hp numbers with these cars without having any idea of what that kind of power is or requires. People shooting for huge numbers usually have no idea what those numbers really entail.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:58 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Originally Posted by mustangmancp
Id just go w/ the 2.6 or the novi 2k (Ox was runnin like almost 700 hp through his novi). I mean whats your end hp number??
His was a Novi2000RR blower. It was more a race oriented blower.

Originally Posted by Blk003GT
Yes u can dual intercool the 2.8h
What the heck are you talking about?! You cant dual intercool any PD blower. You need a heat exchanger to cool the intercooler fluid that then intercools the air, but thats not anything out of the ordinary with kenne bell blowers. There is no such thing as a dual intercooler except in the import world. The intercooler refers to the water-to-air intercooler below the blower to cool the intake charge. Thats what an intercooler is...cools the air.

Considering you can push more than ull ever need out of a novi 2000 your wasting your money on a 2.8. LOL a lot of people have a seriously warped idea of what is usable power on the street...or even at the track.
+1

Originally Posted by tbirdscwd
+1

People have aspirations of big hp numbers with these cars without having any idea of what that kind of power is or requires. People shooting for huge numbers usually have no idea what those numbers really entail.
I know what the kinda power that I want to have is like. A lot lately though, power numbers have more or so been for bragging rights instead of actually using the power and racing.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Chris98Gt
3rd Gear Member

I do believe the "RR" meant reverse rotation which most modular centri blowers are setup for.
http://www.tracklab.biz/AirInduction...on.html#2000RR
Old 12-09-2010, 05:16 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
His was a Novi2000RR blower. It was more a race oriented blower.
The RR is just a reverse rotation version of the 2000. It is the only one that fits on our cars. He might have had upgraded bearings in it, but it's wasn't any crazy version of the 2000 like some people think
Old 12-09-2010, 06:20 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
What the heck are you talking about?! You cant dual intercool any PD blower. You need a heat exchanger to cool the intercooler fluid that then intercools the air, but thats not anything out of the ordinary with kenne bell blowers. There is no such thing as a dual intercooler except in the import world. The intercooler refers to the water-to-air intercooler below the blower to cool the intake charge. Thats what an intercooler is...cools the air.

I agree with your point that you can't dual cool like he's probably thinking. But you can add water/meth injection to positive displacement to cool on top of the liquid to air...making it a dual cool set up. A lot of the M112 V6 cars run meth injection as a means of cooling.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:07 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Yes the RR means reverse rotation. I had the Novi 2000 RR Race version. It just means it had better bearings and the inside was polished.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:11 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

I was only able to push out 700rwhp with a novi. I put it all together before the TFS heads came out and probably could have made closer to 900hp with them. But the 700rwhp got very boring after about 2 weeks of driving it to work. I think next time I won't do so much work to the suspension to keep the driving interesting lol.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:15 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by oxfordgt
I was only able to push out 700rwhp with a novi. I put it all together before the TFS heads came out and probably could have made closer to 900hp with them. But the 700rwhp got very boring after about 2 weeks of driving it to work. I think next time I won't do so much work to the suspension to keep the driving interesting lol.
Damn, I have heard of guys making upwards of 900hp with that blower on well ported PI heads and custom cams. How much pressure were you running? And CMS stage 2.5 blower cams?

Keep the susp stock next time, should be quite a handful
Old 12-09-2010, 08:22 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tbirdscwd
Damn, I have heard of guys making upwards of 900hp with that blower on well ported PI heads and custom cams. How much pressure were you running? And CMS stage 2.5 blower cams?

Keep the susp stock next time, should be quite a handful
Show me proof. I have only heard of one other guy that made more power then me with just a centri blower. If they made 900hp then they used nitrous to get there and it doesn't count.

I was running 23lbs and CMS stage 3 blower cams.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:47 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by oxfordgt
Show me proof. I have only heard of one other guy that made more power then me with just a centri blower. If they made 900hp then they used nitrous to get there and it doesn't count.

I was running 23lbs and CMS stage 3 blower cams.

Wish I had names. MPHs site is down now that Tim his the crew are over at Mr Norm's garage, but they used to have some of their customer's cars on there. I know they made 601rwhp out of one car with stock heads, custom cams and stock plastic intake. I think 21psi. I don't remember the numbers, but I'm pretty sure they made over that with a Reichard Racing manifold, custom cams, and a bit more pressure out of the 2000......

No pissing contest here, just thought the blower was capable of more than that. I dunno, I never ran one

Quick Reply: tork tech adapter and a 2.8H kennebell?