4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Crashed the Mach!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 11:24 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Plain and simple, you should leave 2 seconds worth of distance between you and the person in front. You are gonna lose this one if you take it to court. I work in accident reconstruction and deal with this stuff all day. I deal with the engineering side and the legal side.

Pay your deductible and move on.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:48 PM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

Yea i know i am. But tell me this I am confused about this. I was trying to pay there damage out of pocket but decide against that. I told them to file a claim and tell my insurance. The Police Officer told me on scene that I don't need to have a lawyer or anything since my Insurance Covers there car and any Injuries they say they might have. I have a perfect Driving record and still no points. The Police Officer on scene did Not give me a ticket .
Old 12-09-2010, 11:52 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

You probably don't need a new hood. A good body shop should be able to fiberglass repair your hood and have it painted for probably 350$. Headlights you can buy like mine on e-bay for 80$ and I'm sure you can find a used black GT bumper for 100$ or look around for a cobra bumper for 300$. All in all, you can probably repair everything back to pre-accident shape for around 600-700$
Old 12-09-2010, 11:55 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by paintball1
Yea i know i am. But tell me this I am confused about this. I was trying to pay there damage out of pocket but decide against that. I told them to file a claim and tell my insurance. The Police Officer told me on scene that I don't need to have a lawyer or anything since my Insurance Covers there car and any Injuries they say they might have. I have a perfect Driving record and still no points. The Police Officer on scene did Not give me a ticket .
Just because you dont get a ticket doesnt mean you didnt do anything wrong. Just pay your deductible and let this one go. You WILL lose in court. They are smart for not letting you pay out of pocket because you could easily write a fraudulent check, or simply disappear. Your deductible will be cheaper than replacing all the parts anyways.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:13 AM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

Thanks guys. Hire a attorney ? You think I might have too? The Police told me i shouldn't need one that insurance covers it.?
insurance will pay for everything to a point yes (coverages are different with certain policies and state minimums as well). your policy carries a limit to how much your insurance will cover for property damage, bodily injury, etc...

you DO NOT need to hire an attorney now, i NEVER said that. i said if he keeps pulling the "im hurt" ****, it may be wise to atleast talk to someone...its what i'd do because i am not an expert and i see enough people getting sued from fakers to want to cover my bases.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:14 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Post a pic of your car, ill tell you right now if you actually need to hire an attorney. You accident doesnt like like it was more than 10-15MPH though.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Meester_Vapor
2nd Gear Member

From experience in being the one that was hit...

Once they reach your maximum insurance payout (and accept it) that's it. They can't come after you for jack.

I got nailed on my bike by some drunk. 200K in hospital bills, totaled my bike. ****** Steve Austin **** in my leg now.

I got 15 grand. *** out on the rest, the old bat went to jail for 6 months but all I ever saw was that 15 grand.

You don't need an attorney man....let your insurance handle it. That's why you have insurance.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:41 AM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

just saying... you just paid your insurance for a year the day before an accident, I'm not saying you were driving uninsured, but don't be surprise if your insurance company ask a few questions (if you report it to them)

also, if you rear ended him, you'll lose in court regardless, you were following too close if you rear ended him (not saying you're in the wrong, just how the law is set up)

sorry about the car, damage doesn't look too bad, things could always be worse
Old 12-10-2010, 12:44 AM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

I know I was in the wrong, I am fine with that. I was just making sure I didn't need to hire an attorney which I now know i don't. Hoss I posted a pic.. It's really not that bad I need 1 headlight and front bumper and maybe a hood repaint and repair.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:45 AM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

Quick Reply: Crashed the Mach!