4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.
View Poll Results: Witch seats?
Summit Pleather seats
0%
Procar Sportsman Series
37.50%
Mad Racin Concepts Genuine Leather Tan
50.00%
save the money. (seats need to be replaced though.)
12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Looking at New Seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 06:31 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Default Looking at New Seats

hey guys im looking to get some new seats in the stang for a christmas present.. i've been looking at the ones on summit for 150$.. simulated leather. id rather have that than cloth seats. does any one have any better suggestions for in the price range? 150-200 a piece? im really looking for comfort over performance, i could care less if they hold me in. if any one has any thing to share please do!! i might consider cloth too..

Ive been researching recently and found a few options, lemme know what you guys think

1) i saw these seats from a company called mad racing concepts. i've heard theyre comfortable i just dont know if my fatass will fit.
http://www.madracingconcepts.com/Seats/seats.htm id get the "real leather" tan ones. i looked up a few reviews, people said the leather is actually pretty nice and thick. thats 400$ for 2 seats and brackets. (dont know if these brackets will bolt up right or not, says "universal".. pshhht.)

2) The other seats i was looking at were the Procar Sportsman Series. I've found little info on these seats since they're not that popular. I did heard from 2 people that the Procars are comfortable for the price. they look pretty sick too. Andys will price match these to summit for 140 a pop + 30 for seat brackets.
http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/2...c00008237.html

Let me know what you guys think i should go with cause im debating and i keep going back and forth because there is little to no info on these seats!

if any one has suggestions for other seats let me know, thanks guys.

Last edited by budders; 12-21-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:00 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Hey bro, I'd definitely go with the madracing concepts ones by just the looks of them. The others look like they belong in a honda. Maybe I say that because my buddy has them in his honda. What color is your interior? I can't remember...

Have you considered going with seats out of a Mach?

Last edited by PurpleIcedGT; 12-21-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:19 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Hey bro, I'd definitely go with the madracing concepts ones by just the looks of them. The others look like they belong in a honda. Maybe I say that because my buddy has them in his honda. What color is your interior? I can't remember...

Have you considered going with seats out of a Mach?
my interior is grey/tan. so if i went with the procars the grey bolsters would match and if i i went with the MRC (mad racing concepts) the tan would just match.. just called up MRC and talked to the owner, he said id have to make brackets or find brackets that would match. my friend welds, ill see if hes up to the task of helping me put some brackets together. idk im really leaning towards the procars now because then i wouldnt have to make me own damn brackets XD

i cannot find seats out of a mach near me. ive searched craigslist with no luck. do they even have tan interior machs?
Old 12-21-2010, 07:38 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

cobra seats
Old 12-21-2010, 07:43 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Did you know that Kugz loves the word Cobra so much that his dogs name is Cobra?
Old 12-21-2010, 08:10 PM
grogan
3rd Gear Member

i would go with the tan ones. i would agree with the other guy about the honda styling of the others. i had blue and black ones in my s10, they definitly scream tuner
Old 12-21-2010, 08:12 PM
grogan
3rd Gear Member

dont mind the glass.(this was the only interior shot of the truck i had) but with any aftermarket seat you pretty much have to make custom seat mounts. look at mine for ideas =)
Old 12-21-2010, 08:18 PM
rman101
2nd Gear Member

i just ordered some Procar seats after seeing them in person i found they were really nice seats and that is a really good price for them actually (which i can only find 156.xx for the seats on Summit idk were u found them for 140 and the brackets for 90 not 30? But notice that price is for Velour NOT vinyl if that matters). I would suggest the new Procar Sportman Pro's but they dont seem to be out yet and are smaller.
I also read numerous reviews on here and most people said they are nice for the price.

As for MadRacing.... thats one i have not heard of actually, they look like the generic seats found on Ebay. I wanted that style but after seeing numerous ones in cars at shows they were complete Garbage. One guy had the material coming off from the plastic after only 3 months.

Universal Brackets are Shi*t btw. I know Procar has brackets that are for the Mustang so it might make install easier.

Last edited by rman101; 12-21-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:03 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rman101
i just ordered some Procar seats after seeing them in person i found they were really nice seats and that is a really good price for them actually (which i can only find 156.xx for the seats on Summit idk were u found them for 140 and the brackets for 90 not 30? But notice that price is for Velour NOT vinyl if that matters). I would suggest the new Procar Sportman Pro's but they dont seem to be out yet and are smaller.
I also read numerous reviews on here and most people said they are nice for the price.

As for MadRacing.... thats one i have not heard of actually, they look like the generic seats found on Ebay. I wanted that style but after seeing numerous ones in cars at shows they were complete Garbage. One guy had the material coming off from the plastic after only 3 months.

Universal Brackets are Shi*t btw. I know Procar has brackets that are for the Mustang so it might make install easier.
well i found a place called andys auto sport. they have the procars listed for 195 and the brackets listed for like 117. they have this neat thing that they'll beat the competitions price by 10 bucks, so procars on summit are like 150 so id get them for 140 and the brackets on summit are like 40 i think? so id get those for 30 a piece.

and you said you saw the procars in person? did you sit in them? how were they if you did?
Old 12-21-2010, 09:33 PM
rman101
2nd Gear Member

Ah well that is a really good deal again that's for velour seats the simuleather is a bit more like 195 so maybe that's why the price difference is so big. The brackets for our cars are 75 a peace I think that price is for the universal one. Just wanna make sure u get exactly what you want.
I did see them in person I originally thought they were going to be much more expensive than they were due to the quality I was shocked when I heard the price the simulated leather was great good stitching etc idk about the cloth though don't remember I didn't want it soi ignored it. Most say the durability is comParable to other bigger brands, guess we will see. I thought they were comfortable but anything to me is better than stock seats and I'm used to bucket seats with bolsters. The one you are looking at was bigger and didn't fit me well I'm 145 and 5'9" overAll I was shocked at how nice they where for the price. Sorry on my phone lol

Quick Reply: Looking at New Seats