4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Long overdue: My New Whip

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 08:43 PM
TexasTanker19kilo20
Goldilocks

The exhaust is really deep. Cant wait to see the clip of the Borla XR1's with flowtubes.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:36 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
I still say you should keep the GT and turn it into a longtubed/4.10 geared/100 shot nitrous mule to rip on the track and around the street. Keep the Machalicious as a daily.

Wait, did I read that correctly? that Mach has H&R springs on it? Why does mine sit like 2 inches lower?
lol i think you got the situation backwards IMO.

OP: as for the difference...are you talking about the blackout honeycomb peice? i know for a fact thats not stock. im thinking thats a bit too obvious though and its not that different. lol
Old 01-07-2011, 01:15 AM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

Nice find. I love my MRT catted H, but I find it does have a lot of cabin resonance. Have you noticed that at all?
Old 01-07-2011, 02:28 AM
TexasMach
1st Gear Member

You're Mach is gorgeous! Welcome to the family bro!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:56 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TexasTanker19kilo20
The exhaust is really deep. Cant wait to see the clip of the Borla XR1's with flowtubes.
I know! I'm getting them tonight after work. Then my plan is to get a decent video of the catted H with MRT catback, XR1's, and Magnapacks. I have yet to find one video of the XR1's with a catted H anywhere.

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
lol i think you got the situation backwards IMO.

OP: as for the difference...are you talking about the blackout honeycomb peice? i know for a fact thats not stock. im thinking thats a bit too obvious though and its not that different. lol
Nope, it's not the black out panel lol. Have to watch the video...at the :40 sec mark It's real subtle.

Originally Posted by scooter3
Nice find. I love my MRT catted H, but I find it does have a lot of cabin resonance. Have you noticed that at all?
Well I was going from a catted X and Magnapacks so to me the MRT setup has no to very little drone. The 2K drone at around 70mph is very tolerable and can have a conversation. It prob has more to do with your mufflers.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:26 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
I still say you should keep the GT and turn it into a longtubed/4.10 geared/100 shot nitrous mule to rip on the track and around the street. Keep the Machalicious as a daily.

Wait, did I read that correctly? that Mach has H&R springs on it? Why does mine sit like 2 inches lower?
They are MRT's "street springs" or somethig....but in the end they are all H&R springs. I haven't seen the model number of the springs yet. I will look when I'm doing exhaust work. I may take out the rear ISO's to even off the stance.

Last edited by smitty2919; 01-07-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:31 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by smitty2919
Nope, it's not the black out panel lol. Have to watch the video...at the :40 sec mark It's real subtle.
thats what i figured. lol

is it the lag between the 3rd brakelight coming on and the tails coming on?
Old 01-07-2011, 12:36 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Nice car op, I kinda regret not getting a Mach 1 but I think I did ok with my Bullitt. Are you going to lower it some more? Looks kinda tall lol
Old 01-07-2011, 12:50 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
thats what i figured. lol

is it the lag between the 3rd brakelight coming on and the tails coming on?
Nope, but you are getting closer with the tail lights LOL. Let me know if you give up.

Originally Posted by crash
Nice car op, I kinda regret not getting a Mach 1 but I think I did ok with my Bullitt. Are you going to lower it some more? Looks kinda tall lol
Well I was informed that the MRT spring package contains the regular H&R springs for a coupe in the front and ones for a convertible for the rear to get better ride quality...and they are blue springs all around. The ride is great, I don't notice the height of the car with body roll. Maybe lower springs will be in my future. I like not having to drive up on wood to get a jack under it though LOL.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:53 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by smitty2919

Well I was informed that the MRT spring package contains the regular H&R springs for a coupe in the front and ones for a convertible for the rear to get better ride quality...and they are blue springs all around. The ride is great, I don't notice the height of the car with body roll. Maybe lower springs will be in my future. I like not having to drive up on wood to get a jack under it though LOL.
Who uses wood? I use bricks haha jk. That is a valid point. It is a pain in the *** to drive up something just to jack up the car

Quick Reply: Long overdue: My New Whip