4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Next Mod?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 01:18 PM
69MustangCoupe393cid
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 00gtbk
^ Lol. you could always drive under the speed limit to even save more on gas
Impossible.

Originally Posted by boduke0220
This. My car is full bolt ons and 4.10'ed. i drive 30 miles each way to school every day ( 55 zones though) and then another 15 each way to work..still get like 21-23mpg...i do have my gas saver 87 tune in though.

i say save fora vortech or nitrous. n20 wont kill your motor. my friend sprays the hell outof his Mach 1 on a 100 all day long and it runs fine.
It's my DD, FI or spray are not really something I plan to do with this car right now.

I drive on average 550 miles a week, but if you do any less then 70-75 you'll get rear ended. So I can't do 55 or 60, trust me I've tried.

What did you do to your tune to save fuel?

Originally Posted by Blk003GT
So you don't want an x or h pipe, you don't want gears, you don't want suspension, you don't want FI or spray, you don't want headers, you don't want to spend alot of money and you want good gas milage.

I guess just udps
X or H I have read is a waste of money, headers while good, seem to be more trouble then it's worth, gears are going to kill me when I drive 99% highway, and I said I may possibly do suspention, but there is nothing wrong with my stock stuff now. Plus I don't enjoy bottoming out on things all the time, it gets old really really fast. Also it's not that I don't want to spend a lot of moeny, it's more that I don't want to waste money. Fuel mileage is a plus because of how many miles I drive. If I can get a mod and increase fuel mileage, why not.

But it seems like UDP are probably going to be one of if not my last hp increasing performance mod for a while.

Originally Posted by tightdogal
That's what I'm saying. Doesn't make sense. He says he just wants a bolt on dd but then talks about the drag strip. WTF?

What i dont get is that he wants to save gas, yet wants/has a 93 tune, if i read correctly?

Gears really are the best bang for the buck... The difference in gas really is up to how you drive it. I get the same mileage as when I was pre-3.73's, I just drive with a light foot. But when I stomp on it, the acceleration is there. But idk it's your money bro, I just don't think noone knows what you want.
If you read my post's you would know that I plan to drag race the car after it's no longer a DD. To elaborate more, it's going to be stripped and completely rebuilt so mod's now really don't have much to do with that down the road. I want the power that 93 octane tune offers, but want to try to get the best mileage out of it since I'm spending so much more on fuel now. I really don't understand why people wouldn't want good fuel mileage if they can get it. When I bought this car I wasn't thinking about fuel mileage, but why not try to get the best out of it that i can?

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
A set of FLSFC's are gonna be great, such as those from MM, but could add uppers at a later point if you like. Not "necessary" to have them, but helpful in all reguards to suspension function.

1. FLSFC's ~ first mod
2. LCA's ~ I have a list of "Jazzer approved" types in my suspension guide
3. Stop here, until your final direction is decided ~ corner or drag

Jazzer
Thanks Jazzer, I'll grab a set of the FLSFC probably soon to enjoy having for DD. For the next 6-8 years it probably won't see a track, but once it gets stripped down to be built into a drag car, it will be getting all sorts of goodies. Maybe some 4.56's too, for all you guys gettin on me for not wanting gears