4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Finally some decent pics of my GT!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 09:02 PM
jtb727
3rd Gear Member

I don't wanna pull the stripes, I'm afraid that on the white, the underneath will be yellow, and the " Mustang GT" that we see is actually the white paint underneath, so Im afraid we'll still be able to read that part. They tie in a little as the car has the light charcoal with blue stitching interior.

I'm excited to get it lowered, it should really make it look good. It's a 99 W/ about 50k miles. I bought it from my uncle, and he had it as a garage baby.

I think that with lowering it, it'll help just tie everything together. In a way I like the stripes because I've never seen them before, and i'm hoping that they kinda look more in place as I do little things to the car. I guess we'll see!

Ultimately I'm happy with the way it looks, and I'm going mostly performance, But the headlights will get a light smoke job, and the fogs will as well. I feel like it has a sleeper look right now, and once I get my HSW wet kit, and a shift kit, it'll be a real fun car.

I appreciate the opinions, even those that are cunstructive ctirisizm, I'm happy to have gotten the responses I have already!

Thanks Everyone,
Justin
Old 02-07-2011, 09:06 PM
jtb727
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Z28KLR
Nice car, and the chrome rims look good on it. I feel ya on the dirt road thing, I also live out in the middle of the desert about 0.3 mi. off pavement. It's fine if you don't give a crap like most people, but it makes it extra tough to keep a clean car when it gets dusty just from being in the garage.

Yea, the dirt really sucks, We also have a 99 Cobra, with the saleen body kit, and a 03 drive train with a Kenne Bell with the red, and its disgusting, we wash it, and by the time its to the real road, you just see the red with a tint of brown.. So we spend more time washing it, and keeping them under the cover than actually driving it. So I'm glad someone feels the pain!
Old 02-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jtb727
I don't wanna pull the stripes, I'm afraid that on the white, the underneath will be yellow, and the " Mustang GT" that we see is actually the white paint underneath, so Im afraid we'll still be able to read that part. They tie in a little as the car has the light charcoal with blue stitching interior.
Actually, if anything the white paint underneath will be slightly whiter than what's around it due to lack of exposure to uv rays. But if your car's been babied like you say I'm willing to bet it would be an undetectable difference, or at the worst nothing hitting those panels with a buffer and some polish wouldn't fix.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Chieflikalotapus
2nd Gear Member

Nice pics brotha and nice ride......... I would ditch the clear lens headlights and get some 00 on up lights. The ones with the black housing. That would change the appearance of the car for a small fee of about $80-$100. eBay baby!!!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 09:51 PM
03stiffiGT

well said above me, no need to mess with cleaning the current headlights and then smoke/tint, just get the newer black housed ones, would look 1929393x better/cleaner looking, and the blue stripe deffinitely looks unique man, once its lowered itll all tie together real well with everything
Old 02-07-2011, 09:58 PM
jtb727
3rd Gear Member

I just used a headlight restore kit on the current headlights, all i gotta do is spray them. Working as a Shift manager at Micky D's and being 17, I can do the job of smokin them very well myself and save a few bucks, and it wont be ghetto by any means.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:00 PM
jtb727
3rd Gear Member

ahh, good point Z28, I think I'll lower it, and see how it looks, and than if im still on the fence, I'll pull them off and see what I can do.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:51 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Nice car , in my opinion 18 inch white saleens and some lower springs would be sexayyyy
Old 02-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

^^^Purp you read my mine..
Old 02-09-2011, 08:13 AM
jst98gtmustang
3rd Gear Member

Nice car man..very clean.

Quick Reply: Finally some decent pics of my GT!