4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

HIDs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 01:31 AM
MustangLouver
3rd Gear Member

Default HIDs?

I hate driving at night because the stock lights are pretty bad. I drive a lot in wooded areas, and I'm ALWAYS afraid of deer. I want to upgrade the headlights, but I have no idea where to start. Any suggestions? HIDs worth it? How much should I pay?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:01 AM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

There are a lot of other threads about this. You should try to search around the forum a little and see what you come up with. I'd recommend if you do get HIDs, to get projector headlights as well.

Last edited by tdcalhoun89; 02-08-2011 at 08:02 AM. Reason: poor grammar
Old 02-08-2011, 08:55 AM
MustangLouver
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tdcalhoun89
There are a lot of other threads about this. You should try to search around the forum a little and see what you come up with. I'd recommend if you do get HIDs, to get projector headlights as well.
I HATE Projectors. Should I go HIDs or just get brighter bulbs for $30-$40...
Old 02-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Itz_Gizzy
2nd Gear Member

HIDs are well worth the money man. You dont really notice how bright they are until you're behind the wheel of a HID car. They shine for a long ways, I drove home from nashville two nights ago and Highway signs were lighting up in front of me 250 feet off. They're great. There is a shop around me that has conversion kits for like 50 a light......just shop around and you can find a deal.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:17 AM
MustangLouver
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Itz_Gizzy
HIDs are well worth the money man. You dont really notice how bright they are until you're behind the wheel of a HID car. They shine for a long ways, I drove home from nashville two nights ago and Highway signs were lighting up in front of me 250 feet off. They're great. There is a shop around me that has conversion kits for like 50 a light......just shop around and you can find a deal.
Alright. Thanks! I just didn't want to pay $280 for the kit from American Muscle. I'd like to do the headlights and the fogs.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:20 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Go on ebay, find a pair on there, and call it a day. That's what I did 2 years ago and have never had a problem. The difference is night and day (literally) from the stockers to HID's.

our Mustangs are SIMPLE to do a HID kit in our cars.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:39 AM
MustangLouver
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tightdogal
Go on ebay, find a pair on there, and call it a day. That's what I did 2 years ago and have never had a problem. The difference is night and day (literally) from the stockers to HID's.

our Mustangs are SIMPLE to do a HID kit in our cars.

Can you look in your feedback and tell me who you bought yours from? If you could possibly find it. Or what brand it was or anything. And how much did you pay? Thanks for the tip
Old 02-08-2011, 09:53 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

DDM Tuning....6000k 55w 9007 (bulb) Hids on mine in stock housings. Alot of people get their panties in a bunch about HIDs in stock housings but they can either A.) suck it or B.) buy me projector housings.

Have had zero problems, and I am very pleased with the kit. Install would take a one eyed monkey 3 1/2 minutes.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:01 AM
MustangLouver
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
DDM Tuning....6000k 55w 9007 (bulb) Hids on mine in stock housings. Alot of people get their panties in a bunch about HIDs in stock housings but they can either A.) suck it or B.) buy me projector housings.

Have had zero problems, and I am very pleased with the kit. Install would take a one eyed monkey 3 1/2 minutes.
So you don't think the glare from the stock housing is too bad for the other drivers? Or you don't care? And I NEED brighter lights.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:07 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Its not nearly as bad as some of these princess' make it out to be.

Quick Reply: HIDs?