4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

exhaust too loud?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 11:55 AM
AYEOH5.0
3rd Gear Member

Default exhaust too loud?

Im putting on MAC longtubes and a bbk catless h-pipe this week. Currently i have blowmasters but i hate them. If i goto a straight-through design muffler is this combo gonna be obnoxious? I was looking at either SSS terminators or borlas. Also car is gonna be supercharged in a few months.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:41 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

At one point i ran my SSS Terminators with BBK long tubes, and a BBK o/r x. It was just insane loud, and very raspy. I would not recommend that.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:43 PM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=770ZF6E8y1Y

heres a vid with lm2s, sounds ok, not terribly loud but not an exhaust i would want
Old 02-13-2011, 12:44 PM
AYEOH5.0
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
At one point i ran my SSS Terminators with BBK long tubes, and a BBK o/r x. It was just insane loud, and very raspy. I would not recommend that.
That is what i figured. Anyone have experience with borlas on a similar setup? Ive been watching youtube videos and it doesnt seem to be too loud.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:49 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Have you considered the SSS Adrenalines? I know a guy running those with a o/r pipe, and it sounds great.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:52 PM
AYEOH5.0
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Have you considered the SSS Adrenalines? I know a guy running those with a o/r pipe, and it sounds great.
No i have not, i cant seem to find many sound clips of them. I would prefer getting a SSS system over the borla because its cheaper and id like to support the small business.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AYEOH5.0
Im putting on MAC longtubes and a bbk catless h-pipe this week. Currently i have blowmasters but i hate them. If i goto a straight-through design muffler is this combo gonna be obnoxious? I was looking at either SSS terminators or borlas. Also car is gonna be supercharged in a few months.
Theres no way in hell i'd run that set up with the sss termi catback. I run the same tubes to a catted x and it is still loud as hell, but it has a nice tone to it. i tried running it on a offroad x but it was obnoxiously loud and had alot of rasp to it and sounded like ****. If i were you i would either go to a catted midpipe for the termi catback or try the adrenalines with an offroad, but i still think you may end up wanting a catted pipe even with the adrenalines. Ill try to work on getting my dad to get me some vids of my exhaust for me to post up, currently deployed so i cant do it myself.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:34 PM
AYEOH5.0
3rd Gear Member

I have a feeling this setup is going to be too loud for any straight-through design, i picked up the longtubes and the h-pipe for 300 together so i might be able just to recoup my money for the h-pipe and get a catted one.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:39 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

bodukey runs longtubes, shorty offroad x and a borla catback..... overall my absolute favorite sounding car ever. It sounds like pure sex.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AYEOH5.0
I have a feeling this setup is going to be too loud for any straight-through design, i picked up the longtubes and the h-pipe for 300 together so i might be able just to recoup my money for the h-pipe and get a catted one.
I'd say its worth it, my terminator catback with the cats sounds amazing. Me and Mrstang actually had a discussion about that in a thread not to long ago about the termi and cats/non cat mid pipes

Quick Reply: exhaust too loud?