4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

keep 04 GT or buy 04 Mach1

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 07:02 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

My vote is either throw a 125 or 100 shot on it or supercharge it.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:08 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

So you're sayin put the money into the GT rather than move into the mach? What is the BHP on those machs anyway? And around where is it at with a mid, catback, intake, TB and tune? I'm sure not up to a s.c GT but I'm curious how much you can get out of it with those bolt-ons...because I do enjoy going to the track but I don't like the idea of pushing the GT to its limits if it gets a blower on it. So hard to decide what to do :/
Old 03-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Yeah uhhhh i'm not gonna pay 17k or even 15k for anything that doesn't have a snake on the front of it. Now THATS something you can leave stock and guarantee on being a collector. Otherwise stick with your GT. Moving to the mach really wont do much for you IMO because clearly your just fine with stockish power levels. Your car already looks pretty darn good and probly sounds it as well. Just doesn't make sense to me.

On a similar note I had this bizarre dream about terminators last night.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:24 PM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

this is a tough situation, idk what i would do, but i might look for a terminator and save for that.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:37 PM
kast1376
3rd Gear Member

The price seems high for a mach, and for a coupla grand more you could jump into a cobra (At least around here. One sold on a local board for 17.5k the other day)

Personally, I would just keep the GT. It already looks very nice, low miles. Plus you do not plan on modding the Mach much, so why not keep the GT?
Old 03-04-2011, 07:59 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

Its just very tempting lol, and I think I'd be happy with stock ish mach number but I'm definately not happy with my current GT power. I'd prolly be ok with the GT power with heads/cams, but that much money could get me a blower, used at least. Wouldn't make sense to settle for 320rwhp when u can get 400 for about the same price. And the termi would be an interesting idea, just not sure if I'd be able to handle another summer with my GT where it's currently at while looking for a termi lol. I do love my GT, the way it looks and sounds, but I feel it is not fast enough for how it looks. Based on its sound and appearance I get a lot of higher hp cars that wanna play with me figuring I can hang, but I definately can't lol. And I think the mach Is priced as such due to its unusually low mileage, and its at an audi dealer so I know I could get it for 15, could maybe even get it for less. I don't think they are trying to make a killing on it as it appears to be the lowest priced vehicle on the lot. I also drove it yesterday and it felt faster than my car maybe even a smoother ride and has that beautiful interior lol
Old 03-04-2011, 08:03 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Sounds like you have your answer then.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Coming from someone that has owned a 2v gt, mach, and terminator lol, I say save up and just get the terminator! But if you don't wanna save, you will love the mach.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:13 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

well the superior ride quality could be due to the fact i believe im in need of new shocks and struts, who doesnt love that mach interior, but the GT interior with a pair of racing seats would be quite pleasing, and power could easily be settled...i keep goin back and forth every minute! lol
Old 03-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
Coming from someone that has owned a 2v gt, mach, and terminator lol, I say save up and just get the terminator! But if you don't wanna save, you will love the mach.
:P I'm Cobra shopping right now. My GT will be paid off in September.....know what that means........

Quick Reply: keep 04 GT or buy 04 Mach1