4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

LETS TALK, which is worse...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 10:46 PM
JRad405
3rd Gear Member

I would say if you want to try something new then sell the car and buy what you want if you can swing it and go that route for a while. The worse that could happen is you don't like it and you trade for something else. That's why people have those 4 year leases and then hope to some other car. It's worth it if you like to try new things.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:06 PM
DarkShadow04
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 0949er
an old guy on campus drives a evo.... he runs over bolders in the parking lot because he is blind as a bat. Guess he does need that AWD now that I think about it... I want a 03/04 cobra, but a z06 will always hold my heart
haha! and i seriously am yet to see an old guy driving and evo, or anything similar to that...
me and my friend both found that we would NEED to own a stang, like i said before, i cant see not owning one...i think it would feel wrong lol...and my friend is convinced that his current 03 mach is the one he would own forever, which he may cuz it is blown with an aluminator in it lol...
Old 03-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Harryman2002
3rd Gear Member

If I had a cobra I wouldn't even think about trading for something else but other cars are always crossing my mind with my GT. But I couldn't get rid of it cause IMO mustangs sound better than any other car out there...especially with a vortech on them!
I also really love the raw simplicity of them.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:39 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Mustangs for me period. If I was to get something new it would be a classic muscle car that would only increase in value, as far is evos, wrx, neons and all the others like that, theylll all be rotting in junkyards worthless in another 15 years.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:17 AM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

i think im keeping my mustang for a while, but eventually im gna buy a cobra then way in the future a gtr or m3 or gt500 or something along those lines
Old 03-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

I have driven fast hondas, evos, vettes, supras, and the lot.

Mustang is my favorite. Not saying it like I have tunnel vision (mustang or bust!). No. But saying it with respect to other performance oriented machines.

It's not all about competition, really. My car isn't very quick in the whole spectrum of things. However, there's something to be said about how easily it can make my heart race.

In my eyes, I own my dream car. Yea there are better cars out there, but this one is mine.

I will never sell it, but I will own other cars.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Drive what you love to drive. I myself have been through many cars more than I can count on two hands but I love the simplicity and fun of the mustang also the large aftermarket for it etc.. etc... The next best that was on my list that has come and gone was the mark8 I had and the 06gto but me and the wife had that jointly and she wanted it to go. If you would rather have something other than your stang then go trade or sell it. Surely someone else would pick it up and appreciate it a bit.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:42 AM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

LOL
Unless it is a relatively rare edition and would be hard to find again in the future, I wouldn't even entertain the idea of keeping your current Mustang forever. Only way would be if you make a good income and could garage it to keep the mileage down. These things are a dime a dozen and it will lose most of it's value by the time it has 150,000 miles on it. They just aren't worth trying to keep a long time.

Life is about experiences, so experiment and enjoy each car for it's own reason as you go thru life. You might be surprised how much you enjoy different types of cars for different reasons.

I bet most of us will not own our current Mustangs in 5-6 years.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:05 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Funny, cause I've been wanting a 2011 GT for the past year, but lately, I can careless about going fast, I just want something comfortable.

I really want to move into an SUV now. I just want more space. Then again, I think I will always want a Mustang to have, just because they're fast, sporty, and more importantly, fun.

I've driven a BMW, and while it was smooth as silk, it was also boring as f__k. The thing I hate about European luxary cars now is that American and Japanese cars have finally reached the quality inside and out. I went to an Auto Show back in January and all of these European cars were priced in the 60K range, yet, they didnt' offer many different features from a new 2011 Ford Taurus. I only care about comfort, and not a status symbol, so I could totally see myself buying a Taurus over a new 3-series Beemer.

But, Idk. I suppose I'm on the fence about buying another Mustang for now. I REALLY love the 2011 GT, and perhaps when I actually take it for a test drive, I'm more than likely going to buy it. But, SUV's are just so nice being able to carry lots of people and things on trips and traveling. Heck, if the Challenger were cheaper, I wouldn't even mind that. I totally get the mentality of not being the fastest, but just to have a spacious cruiser.

Regardless, I do love my current 2v too hahaha. Just the stickshift in DC traffic part makes me hate it. Not the car's fault though.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:18 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

So your telling me an M3 or 5 is boring as ****? I want what your smoking, cause that ish is good.

The handling alone on most European sports cars blows most cars out of the water, let alone how well the engine responds.

Quick Reply: LETS TALK, which is worse...