4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

suspension goodies are here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 07:53 PM
96meangreengt
2nd Gear Member

Default suspension goodies are here!

I finally got my springs in today and I thought I would show you guys what I will be running on my car hopefully in a few weeks.

Not pictured is new swaybar endlinks, swaybar bushings and urthane rack bushings.

I plan to do a full writeup and review all parts in the comeing weeks.

Went with 300lbs coil-over in the front and the 375-425 progressive torque arm springs in the rear. I hope the rear is not gonna be to rough but 375 sounds like a lot. The maxium motorsports tech said that I had to go with those springs to balance out the front so we will see.

P.S. I love new shiny stuff!
Old 03-09-2011, 08:23 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Very nice! How much did all that set you back?
Old 03-09-2011, 08:31 PM
96meangreengt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Very nice! How much did all that set you back?
about $2000.

Whenever they have their deal of the day again im gonna get thier k member, tubular a-arms, torque arm, and a solid steering shaft then i think i will be done for awhile, I hope.....
Old 03-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Originally Posted by 96meangreengt
I finally got my springs in today and I thought I would show you guys what I will be running on my car hopefully in a few weeks.

Not pictured is new swaybar endlinks, swaybar bushings and urthane rack bushings.

I plan to do a full writeup and review all parts in the comeing weeks.

Went with 300lbs coil-over in the front and the 375-425 progressive torque arm springs in the rear. I hope the rear is not gonna be to rough but 375 sounds like a lot. The maxium motorsports tech said that I had to go with those springs to balance out the front so we will see.

P.S. I love new shiny stuff!
Rears sound stiff to me as well....

I run 200# out back on TA while running 300# up front on traditional CO's. Still running the same rear set-up, but about 750# SLA's. My car is under-sprung for AX/open track, but nice on the street.

Jazzer = proud of his corner-carving pepes *sheds small tear of joy*

PS. Just be VERY carefull on your first go-round with all this new stuff. You WILL be amazed by how much your car turns with the SLIGHTEST of turn of wheel after you are done.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:57 PM
96meangreengt
2nd Gear Member

jazzer do you think I should send them back and get some different rear springs. Are they gonna be way to stiff for a DD?

The MM tech said that when I put thier TA on that my current 375 springs wont be stiff enough? what gives?
Old 03-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Harryman2002
3rd Gear Member

Dude, awesome set up, that thing will be sweet once its all on!!! I can't wait to start getting into the suspension for my car. Ill be looking forward to your review on all of this!
Old 03-09-2011, 10:39 PM
IEGT1015
3rd Gear Member

sweet! 2k is a pretty penny, but you gotta pay to play
Old 03-10-2011, 05:32 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

very very nice.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:27 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Originally Posted by 96meangreengt
jazzer do you think I should send them back and get some different rear springs. Are they gonna be way to stiff for a DD?

The MM tech said that when I put thier TA on that my current 375 springs wont be stiff enough? what gives?
CO's and TA's are a funny thing, in terms of spring rates.

MM certainly knows more than I do about suspension, but that is quite a bit heavier than my own ride. I have had no other springs on my CO's, so cannot give you a comparison from personal experience, as I wish I was able

My only suggestion, would be to run my Griggs GR-40 set-up by MM and see what the tech says. I forget the ratio in which one compares OEM located spring rates to CO's out back, but some research would probably turn up with an answer.

Jazzer
Old 03-10-2011, 07:15 PM
96meangreengt
2nd Gear Member

thanks guys. yeah suspension sure does get expensive quick. What really makes me sick is when I sit and add up how much I have put into this car, very depressing lol. but at this point im in way to deep to get even half what I got into this thing so I going full boar on it and Im doing a 4v swap with a
t-56 next year.

I hope that I can put the camber plates and coil overs on this weekend and then the rest next weekend so stay tuned.

Quick Reply: suspension goodies are here!