4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

What have you done for your stang??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:22 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Workin my a** off this summer...AND goin to school...AND studyin for the PCAT....

Gotta get a job (pharmacist)...to get $$$$...to get this thing to where i want it.

That's my work!
Old 03-21-2011, 11:35 PM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangmancp
Workin my a** off this summer...AND goin to school...AND studyin for the PCAT....

Gotta get a job (pharmacist)...to get $$$$...to get this thing to where i want it.

That's my work!
Yeah man I hear you, just one more year until I finish my engineering degree, then the Mustang is getting mad work done.

You have to go to grad school for that, right?
Old 03-21-2011, 11:42 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
no its a good idea. i hadnt thought of it. my issue is that the orange on the inside is diff than the outside - just way of the only orange i could get for the inside - so id have to find a matching orange to the inside and i dunno.... thats where im stuck.
i had seen that and thought it was different... which kind of turned me off tbh, also maybe a painted saleen spoiler the same color as the metallic orange... but thats defenetly something that needs photoshopped before you pull the trigger... i think it would work though.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:44 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
i had seen that and thought it was different... which kind of turned me off tbh, also maybe a painted saleen spoiler the same color as the metallic orange... but thats defenetly something that needs photoshopped before you pull the trigger... i think it would work though.
no spoiler. the orange is a bit diff, but my interior isnt alloy gray either sooooo!!!

i love the line of my car right now, so i dont want a spoiler.

but i appreciate the feedback. i do like the idea though man
Old 03-22-2011, 01:11 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

I put my IRS in while on crutches for ankle surgery. That was a long day.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:17 AM
Crazycarnut
2nd Gear Member

I've got what is done to my car in my sig. I like to think I have a plan set up as to what I'm doing though. By the end of the year I'm wanting a new paint job (my car is wrecked right now) By the end of next year I'm wanting a new motor with a sc. Year after that a T56 with a built rear end so I can turn up the boost.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:59 AM
Bmitchell373
2nd Gear Member

I'm starting to do the same. I think by Xmas ill have everything pieced together. My goal is, a fully built aluminum 4.6 Dohc out of a Lincoln mark 8, t-56, upgraded rear axle, full upr suspension and k member, and a few misc. body parts so I can paint it while its torn apart. And the cherry on top would be a Kenne Bell. But I think the blower will have to wait till next year. I'm dreaming big, but I think I can make it happen.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:14 AM
school boy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fleet99GT
Hello again everyone, I've been curious to see if anyone else out there is as crazy as myself. Since the middle of Feb I've decided to go all out ***** to the wall with my mustang. I havent done anything to it since 2007 and honestly havent driven it much. I've decided that before I take the cover off of it this year I will have a T56, Fully rebuilt rear, and a kenne bell 2.1. So to accomplish this I have been clocking well over 60hrs a week, and flat rate wrenching close to 100 hrs a week. Non stop monday through saturday, and picking up any side work I can for sundays. Im tired and only spend about 2 hrs a night at home before I go to bed. But I know what I want and DAMMIT I'm going to get it. Has anyone else done anything simular to this?? Lets see who else has been doing everything in their power to build their ultimate stang!!
i know what you mean. doing anything to accomplish a goal. it will feel great when its done. then its time for a new goal and its back to work! lol
Old 03-22-2011, 12:15 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

Haven't had time or funds to do anything to my car lately, let alone drive it. I, like a lot of the guys on here, am trying to balance school and my obsession/addiction... and a girlfriend. As soon as I get done with my under grad.s and get a real job, the mustang is going under the knife.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:36 PM
gears94gt
3rd Gear Member

well since i bought it may last year :

mach 1 lip
4:10 gears then changed to 3:73.
upper and lower control arm
front and rear brakes
aluminum driveshaft
caster camber plates
eibach sport spring
125 nitrous kit/ chip and tuned.

Quick Reply: What have you done for your stang??