4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

STORY OF A STANG. Also have a few questions!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 12:16 AM
xXJeremeyXx
1st Gear Member

Default STORY OF A STANG. Also have a few questions!

I bought a mustang for 2700.. pre owned by a Hispanic guy. not trying to be racist but they like to do there own work. there is speaker wire running EVERYWHERE. also wires for the busted neon bulbs under the car an inside.

here is the story...

this is what it looked like when i first bought the poor mustang.

Rice anybody?...

i got it because it was a strong running car for a decent price.. after driving this for a year i got the cash to do what i really wanted to do with it. COMPLETELY MAKE IT OVER.

i dident know this but.. the car has been hit in the front and rear... and they did a terrible job fixing it. so i bought a 97 v6 for 500$ and there going to mold the two together to get it right! Ive spent over 3000 on just body parts.
and over 1500 on engine/ exhaust.

I want to get rid of the "ricer" look but i really want to have a one of a kind stang. so i kept the side skirts and the rear bumper and bought a Cobra R front bumper to replace that cheep busted ricer front end.

here are some of the parts Ive gotten.

I also got a pony to go back where the grill is to give it back its pony pride!

i know people will always look at my car an call it crap or ricer or whatever but itl have a different look but nothing Near as bad as it was.

Can anybody think of a sweet paint job to go with it? ive been going through so many in my mind. i want it to be mainly red.

one idea was that inferno red (chrysler color) but with a little more flake. but have black ghost stripes going over the car.

Another idea is a 2 tone look black on to red on bottom at first but everyone has that. i seen a video on you tube where it was silver on bottom and blue on top an i kinda liked it. so now i was thinking candy apple red on top and silver on bottom. im getting the intena shaved an put into my window

but please shear what you think.

also i have the engine out (way easier to put the heads on lol) also i put all new gaskets and seals on it. cleaning it all up and painting the covers the same as the car. made my own h pipe sounds nice and deep.

what other cheaper mods can i do to the engine for more HP?

i also have my seats down at the upholstery shop waiting to get my final answer on the color. (depending the the car color) if i go with red itl be black leather on the outside and red swade on the inner part of the seat with the running pony on the top. i already got the pre molded black carper as-well.

another question... I want to get the pillar gauges but the mustangs have almost all the gauges already? what kind of gauges could i put in it? i can get one that holds 2 or 3 gauges. i really like the looks of it tho.

i have 17" cobra rims on it now but i want to go with something more modern like 19' or 20" with a low profile tire any suggestions?

i will post pics of its progress along the way.

this was when i got the hood just messing around to see if it was what i wanted.

also the tail lights an no ricer spoiler LOL

Old 04-08-2011, 06:51 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome and good luck!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:31 PM
TOMMY01GT
2nd Gear Member

wait....wait...you wanted to get rid of the ricer appearance, so you go and stick on fake side window scoops, a hood pin appearance kit, lambo doors, and a hood with not one, but 2 non-functioning scoops? Then you want to put it on 20s, and admit that your array of factory gauges is more than adequate to give you all needed info on the engine..yet you want ot add 2 or 3 more gauges to the A-pillar...?

I mean, to each their own, its your car, do as you please, but Id put money into a good trans and build the engine for spray..and just go cobra on the body.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:50 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

I'm in a bad mood today so, I'm not going to comment on your list of future modifications. Welcome.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:10 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Is this thread serious? lol
Old 04-08-2011, 02:17 PM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

that is all.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

It's a constant battle to refrain fr speaking one's mind in situations similar to these. After many years of petty comments and confrontations I have learn many, many things.

After seconds of reconsideration and contemplation, here is what I have come up with.

_________

Welcome, friend! Seems to me you have a lot of love for your new(ish) pony! Welcome to the world of the latemodel mustang. We are proud to drive our MUSCLECARS around. We do our best to keep them looking like MUSCLECARS.

Seems to me you have much work to do to get there.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Brute03
5th Gear Member

ironic parts list is ironic.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:34 PM
skyline247

That is an interesting parts list that seems to contradict your end goal. But as stated earlier, it's your car and you should do whatever you want to it. Welcome to the forums!
Old 04-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Is this thread serious? lol
LMAO....Bladerunner would LOVE his car.

This thread cant be for real.

Quick Reply: STORY OF A STANG. Also have a few questions!