4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Magnapacks.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 02:28 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Get a O/R x. I had a catted x-pipe paired up with the Packs, switched to O/R and would NEVER look back. Catted is too smooth and bubbly sounding.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:47 PM
speedkills
3rd Gear Member

Thanks everyone! I think Im gonna go with a MAC o/r x-pipe. If I dont like it I can always weld some cats in.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:56 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

You won't have that problem because you will LOVE it.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:04 PM
speedkills
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by HamMach1
You won't have that problem because you will LOVE it.
Yea I think you are right. Im 18 so loudness doesn't really bother me. I am kinda worried about emissions though.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:42 PM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

I'm with SMITTY on this one. Anything O/R with the packs will be loud. However, some guys like loud, so good luck! I hope it turns out like you want.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:01 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by speedkills
Yea I think you are right. Im 18 so loudness doesn't really bother me. I am kinda worried about emissions though.
Yeah that's why I have another pipe to swap when that time comes lol. But I'm going to try and find someone to just kind of pass me for a few bucks because I don't feel like swapping the pipes, even though I can do it with my eyes closed now.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:59 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Just like any other exhaust thread...it all comes down to personal preference and you will get a MILLION opinions for a MILLION diff setups...

O/R will be LOUD but still sound good....o/r and LM1's will be loud and sound like dog ****.

I just try to provide videos and let the OP decide.

But best way to do it is get and O/R midpipe. See how you like it. Then if you want have cats welded in. You can find cats separately and the cost to have them put in cheaper than you can buy a catted midpipe.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:20 PM
MustangGt40th
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SilvrStang
I agree VRS makes some nice pipes and I do not like BBK .Its junk no offense
How do you figure that? The quality of everything I have bought from BBK has been great. My x-pipe went on no problem and that's even with the wider automatic.

And @KillJoy You can kiss my hairy butt for all I care lol. My car sounds great to me and I get compliments about the sound wherever I go. You can't really change the basic shape and structure of an x-pipe. Mine sounds exactly the same as other people's Mustangs with Borla's and Bassani x-pipe. The only difference with me getting BBK instead of Bassani or something or the sort is that I just dont get the lifetime warranty and the over $300 price tag.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:28 PM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangGt40th
How do you figure that? The quality of everything I have bought from BBK has been great. My x-pipe went on no problem and that's even with the wider automatic.

And @KillJoy You can kiss my hairy butt for all I care lol. My car sounds great to me and I get compliments about the sound wherever I go. You can't really change the basic shape and structure of an x-pipe. Mine sounds exactly the same as other people's Mustangs with Borla's and Bassani x-pipe. The only difference with me getting BBK instead of Bassani or something or the sort is that I just dont get the lifetime warranty and the over $300 price tag.
Try not to get all bend over what KillJoy says! It is just one guy's opinion and he likes to post up comments to get a rise out of people. If you like you set-up, that is all that matters! BTW, I too have a BBK pipe and I have always had very good luck with the BBK products I have owned over the years.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:32 AM
KillJoy
3rd Gear Member

Every exhaust product I've seen/had from bbk has a problem. My bbk headers have a huge crack in one of the welds at the collector, after a year. Whitefox had a bbk o/r x and the welds from the factory were not completely sealed, and he had a nasty exhaust leak out of the
package. Whitefox has yet another bbk x on the new car, and it rattles and is super raspy and you can hear the raspy hollow sound coming from under the console where the x is