4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Custom exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Dudewright0715
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Very cool! Is the new combo louder in your opinion? That's good that you don't get any raspiness, especially with those LM 1's.
thanks man! and I'm gonna say yes it is but bearly ..I can say one thing hands down believe this or not the new setup is deeper than my old setup the o/r h with flowmaster 40s ..in my opinion that h pipe with high those slp cats is sick man! I love it it's funny..noone can guess my setup..everyone is clueless but they like it vid coming tonight ! As longs as not storms...eek
Old 04-25-2011, 09:38 AM
Dudewright0715
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
congrats on the new sound...
thanks man
Old 04-25-2011, 10:24 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dudewright0715
thanks man! and I'm gonna say yes it is but bearly ..I can say one thing hands down believe this or not the new setup is deeper than my old setup the o/r h with flowmaster 40s ..in my opinion that h pipe with high those slp cats is sick man! I love it it's funny..noone can guess my setup..everyone is clueless but they like it vid coming tonight ! As longs as not storms...eek
I totally get what you're saying. I run a catted h with my SSS teminators and long tubes, and it sounds deeper (and a lot louder) than my buds with long tubes, flows 40's, and a o/r h. It doesn't have that hollow deep sound like the flows, but more of a deeper, bassy sound if that makes sense. Being that LM 1's and the SSS Terminators are kind of similar in terms of loudness and design, i'm sure you're getting a similar sound with the catted h.

Looking forward to the vid.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Dudewright0715
2nd Gear Member

I totally get what you're saying. I run a catted h with my SSS teminators and long tubes, and it sounds deeper (and a lot louder) than my buds with long tubes, flows 40's, and a o/r h. It doesn't have that hollow deep sound like the flows, but more of a deeper, bassy sound if that makes sense. Being that LM 1's and the SSS Terminators are kind of similar in terms of loudness and design, i'm sure you're getting a similar sound with the catted h.

Looking forward to the vid.
dude that's awsome! I bet it sounds amazing! And yep you know exactly what I mean it's deeper and bassier than the flows..dude can you get a vid man?? I want to gear yours!
Old 04-25-2011, 01:12 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I only have one small clip at the moment. First part of the clip is with a catted h (which i currently run) and then a o/r x. The o/r x was just stupid loud and raspy, so i immediately took it off lol. While this particular clip doesn't do it justice, you can still get an idea.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Dudewright0715
2nd Gear Member

I only have one small clip at the moment. First part of the clip is with a catted h (which i currently run) and then a o/r x. The o/r x was just stupid loud and raspy, so i immediately took it off lol. While this particular clip doesn't do it justice, you can still get an idea.

dude I can't wait to watch this! I'm at work on my phone and it won't load it but when I get home i'll watch it I bet it's awsome.what catted h are your running? Mrt? Lol
Old 04-25-2011, 03:13 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

If you like loud then you'll like it lol! But like i said the clip just doesn't do it the proper justice.

I'm running a BBK catted h with BBK long tubes.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Dudewright0715
2nd Gear Member

If you like loud then you'll like it lol! But like i said the clip just doesn't do it the proper justice.

I'm running a BBK catted h with BBK long tubes.
i heard it!!! nice man! i like it! got some pics and have one cold start vid...that all i could get atm cause its like 10 pm here and everone around here is already asleep...old people lol they already called the cops on me once...lol
Old 04-25-2011, 10:28 PM
Dudewright0715
2nd Gear Member

i heard it!!! nice man! i like it! got some pics and have one cold start vid...that all i could get atm cause its like 10 pm here and everone around here is already asleep...old people lol they already called the cops on me once...lol

here you go guys!

Custom exhaust-298.jpg

Custom exhaust-300.jpg

Custom exhaust-302.jpg
Old 04-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Dudewright0715
2nd Gear Member

heres the link for a little vid..its a cold start..sorry for the shortness but it was dark and at night and my neighbors did call the cops AGAIN! ..tommorw ill get some better vid fotage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmvhqRliYIA

Quick Reply: Custom exhaust