4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

had a successful weekend hangin parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 11:01 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Default had a successful weekend hangin parts

This weekend I decided to throw in my stall/shift kit. It was a total pain getting the trans out, things kept going wrong. but putting it back in went pretty smooth. took about 8-9 hours total to do it all, taking my time and I was mostly on my own. would of went so much quicker if the car was on a lift instead of jackstands lol. Anyways the car feels muuuuuuuch better from a standstill now. it actually spins the 555r's at take off . cant wait to get it back to the track to see how much time it dropped. Still have to get around to installing my trans cooler and che lca's. prolly do the trans cooler tomorrow night and throw the lca's in at my work monday. but all in all it was a successful weekend, and I only got 2 cuts on my hands! usually something like this they'd be covered with them lol.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:12 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

So you installed a shift kit AND stall? I'm confused since your said "stall/shift kit"
Old 04-23-2011, 11:14 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Awesome man, lets see some vids!!
Old 04-23-2011, 11:17 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Awesome man! Glad to see you are slowly turning this car into a solid 1/4 mile car. Weren't you originally planning on just keeping this as a DD and not doing any mods? I assume that plan went out the window when you sold you '95?
Old 04-23-2011, 11:19 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Awesome man, lets see some vids!!
Be cool...Congrats ctgreddy on the install success.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:41 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kerns
Awesome man! Glad to see you are slowly turning this car into a solid 1/4 mile car. Weren't you originally planning on just keeping this as a DD and not doing any mods? I assume that plan went out the window when you sold you '95?
yeah when the race car went bye bye that plan went out the window lol. I dont plan on making this car as fast as the '95 was tho. after these mods I'm done with it besides the nitrous and maybe more visual upgrades.

and yes I installed both my stall and my shift kit lol. what do you guys want vids of?
Old 04-23-2011, 11:55 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

What converter did you go with? I'm guessing a trans-go shift kit?
Old 04-24-2011, 12:01 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

yeah trans go shift kit. converter is a dirty dog 3800 10" with billet cover. feels looser than i thought it would but not necessarily bad.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:08 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
yeah trans go shift kit. converter is a dirty dog 3800 10" with billet cover. feels looser than i thought it would but not necessarily bad.
Awesome! Same as mine minus the billet cover. I didn't go with the billet cover because I wasn't going to be seeing over 6500 rpm. It does feel "loose" but it's not bad at all. Alan does a great job with converters and is a great guy to buy from.

What cooler did you go with?

It will be interesting to see what you run as we will have almost the same setup.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:12 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
Awesome! Same as mine minus the billet cover. I didn't go with the billet cover because I wasn't going to be seeing over 6500 rpm. It does feel "loose" but it's not bad at all. Alan does a great job with converters and is a great guy to buy from.

What cooler did you go with?

It will be interesting to see what you run as we will have almost the same setup.
my car wont be going over 6k but he recommended the cover since there's a good chance I'll be spraying it. And i agree the loosness isn't bad, just not what i expected. Have you ran your car at the track yet? I'm aiming for low 13's. I ran a 13.7 a couple weeks ago so I'm hoping between the converter/shift kit/lca's I can knock off .5/.6. Also I got a derale cooler. Had the same cooler on my '95 when it was auto and it kept it plenty cool.

Quick Reply: had a successful weekend hangin parts