4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

got pulled over today =( but a good story

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 03:10 PM
TheNameless
2nd Gear Member

Default got pulled over today =( but a good story

so i was coming back from my dentist today wanted to do a quick 1st-3rd WOT pull today and when i was done i was at a light and saw a cop behind me so i just pulled into the lot next to me and he follwed (didnt turn on his lights) and just started askin how fast i think i was goin ( i went to mid 3rd so about 60-70mph in a 45) anyways he starts lookin at my car and points out i have no window sticker and no front license plate. This cop looked like a hardass too but after talkin and seeing that i havent gotten a speeding ticket since 07' he said he wasnt going to give me a speeding ticket (whew) but he said you gotta get the city sticker on and your front plate on. At the very end no tickets issued I was let off free and to top it off this is what he said word for word. " You got a real nice mustang kid and it sounded amazing going by real nice sound to it, dont get me wrong I LOVE mustangs but you cant be going that fast around here heres your license and have a nice day." got lucky today haha but just wondering how many of your guys have their front license plate on? I really dont want to put it on i hate the way it looks but i dont need to be getting pulled over just for that.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:14 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

Noice!
Old 04-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

not needed here ftw
Old 04-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

sounds like you need something like this.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...e-bracket.html

put it on and off as needed. Easiest excuse when caught without it on: "Sorry officer just washed my car and forgot to put it back on" grab it out the car and put it on haha.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

I have a plate. What's the sticker you're talking about?
Old 04-25-2011, 04:03 PM
TheNameless
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Moonshine
I have a plate. What's the sticker you're talking about?
The village sticker that goes on the bottom right(if your in the car) of the front windshield. Its about 60 bucks for it and you have to renew it each year basically showing what town your car is from etc..http://theexpiredmeter.com/wp-conten...icker-2008.JPG its not that one but something similar to it
Old 04-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

^ that's different. I've never heard of that.

I actually got pulled over one time and the officer (and his partner) approached my car and told me that it's pretty loud. We in washington don't really have noise regulations on exhaust. I mean I'm sure we do but as long as we're not running around with open headers we're fine. He didn't ticket me or anything. I think he just wanted to look at my car lolz.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:32 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Thats legit!!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:27 PM
cisurfer
5th Gear Member

Happened to me too. Told me I need a dynotune cuz I had some black smoke on WOT from running rich from no tune with headers. Turned out I knew him from a car meet and raced him in his car lol
Old 04-25-2011, 05:31 PM
GlassVapor
2nd Gear Member

No front plates on 2 of the 3 cars

Quick Reply: got pulled over today =( but a good story