4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

first impression of che lca's...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 07:01 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Default first impression of che lca's...

...AWESOME.

I've had these about 2 weeks now and just finally got them on. took about an hour, i figured the axle to lca bolts would be stuck in the bushings but they both came out easy, it's a miracle! The che's went in perfect, no issues at all. I also removed the quad shocks while i was in there. On the road test they deff improved the car. from a low roll, about 10 or so it would spin before, now it hooks. When i stop and flash the converter and launch it still spins quite a bit of first, but now it goes straight and smooth where as before it would kick out some and seem to be rough. That was with no burnout as well and tire pressure at 32, so with a good burnout I could prolly get this thing to hook on the street. Also there is no noise whatsoever from them, rides just like oem. haven't got in any twistys yet so no idea on how it handles those.

Needless to say I'm very happy with them and would recommend them to anyone .

here's a couple pics:

Old 04-28-2011, 07:19 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Yea i like mine as well.

As for the twisties ive driven mine like i normally do and it doesn't fell any different even w/ the Baseline street launch kit. No noise either..I LOVE it!

Can't wait to see how this all helps at the track!
Old 04-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Blk003GT
4th Gear Member

I thought u wanted to have a spherical end on there
Old 04-28-2011, 07:55 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blk003GT
I thought u wanted to have a spherical end on there
for cars more focused on drag/handling then yes. but i wanted something good at the strip but that still did good on the street. the bushings in these are saposed to be much better on torque boxes then poly bushings like what most lca's have, but yet they're not noisy at all like shperical bushings.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:34 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

You beat me to it man lol! I was going to wait until i got back from the track to give my impression.

Anyway, from what i call tell so far, they do seem to help and make no noise whatsoever. Although i haven't REALLY pushed my car too hard yet since i installed them. From a low roll in 1st gear the car does seem to hook a little better.

I'm heading to the track this Saturday, and when i get back i'll post up my impressions and results.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:31 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Nice glad they work good, I changed my rear end and rear suspension this winter and last year with poly control arms and 3.27 gears my car would spin like a bitch, banging 2nd it kick sideways, 3rd would kick sideways a little was just poor traction. Now with 4.10s and the relocated team z uppers and team z lowers (spherical all ends, well on 3 ends and a solid coller on the lower axle side) and the pinion angle set -2 it hooks HARD.
I haven't done any holeshots or track yet cause I have a small torque box crack I gotta take care of before it gets worse but I can tell ya I've banged 2nd and 3rd HARD and it doesn't even break loose now just chirps a little and squats. PS: The bottom pig tail on the rear spring is supposed to be in the back and facing towards the driver side in the picture you have it in the front facing the passenger side. Not sure if it really matters but the books "claim" it can cause a rough ride.

Last edited by uberstang1; 04-29-2011 at 05:35 AM.