4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang V6 Tire Repair and Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Post pics of your NEW EDGE cars with CUSTOM PAINT JOBS (racing & pinstripes and more)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by schmallz
It's not stripes or flames, but it's not the same black as your typical 99-04 Stang, it has much more depth to it.

It's tough to tell in photos.

But in person, it's diffcult not to notice.

Twins
Wow, how incredibly tacky.

OP, you should copy this exactly:

But in all seriousness, flames are gay. Not only are they incredibly played out, but there's no better way to say "I'm a flamer" (get it?) than painting flames on your car.

Stick to the basics. The 99-04 Mustangs are good looking cars from the factory. Put a set of nice rims on it, maybe some Cobra body parts, and a nice hood (not one overloaded with stupid looking scoops) and you'll have a nice looking car.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Tommy079
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by schmallz
It's not stripes or flames, but it's not the same black as your typical 99-04 Stang, it has much more depth to it.

Twins
Schmallz!!!... your cars are SO sick bro! Well, except for that front license plate. I bet California makes you put one up there huh? It looks kinda weird.

You are a lucky man!

Last edited by Tommy079; 05-18-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Lokota
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xemeth
Wow, how incredibly tacky.

OP, you should copy this exactly:

But in all seriousness, flames are gay. Not only are they incredibly played out, but there's no better way to say "I'm a flamer" (get it?) than painting flames on your car.

Stick to the basics. The 99-04 Mustangs are good looking cars from the factory. Put a set of nice rims on it, maybe some Cobra body parts, and a nice hood (not one overloaded with stupid looking scoops) and you'll have a nice looking car.

Is that the stock spoiler on the hood?! Gross
Old 05-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Tommy079
3rd Gear Member

Ok, now this is all well and good, but WHO HAS PAINT!!!

Hasn't anyone on this site painted anything on their cars? A stripe, an accent, a fancy pinstripe...anything?
Old 05-18-2011, 06:31 PM
schmallz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tommy079
Schmallz!!!... your cars are SO sick bro! Well, except for that front license plate. I bet California makes you put one up there huh? It looks kinda weird.

You are a lucky man!
I hate that front plate too, makes my car look like it has buck teeth. There was a Cop back home that got me twice within 1 year for no front license plate. I didn't want to drill holes in the front of the bumper. So I taped it on with a high strength double sided tape, pulled it off after the first fix it it ticket was signed off, and decided to leave it on after the second fix it ticket.

What a jerk.

I don't think I can name him outright, but he's a rookie, and is known as Shenanigans to most.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Tommy079
3rd Gear Member

Schmallz...you just need to creatively figure out a way to hover a mounting plate so it can sit up right. I'm sure somebody out there has done something like that. What is the style of that bumper called?

type in your style bumper in google and front license and you're bound to find something. They may even make some kind of mounting kit.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Always been a fan of either a two tone or the clean look, since you're a vert I'd say make it clean. A clean looking car will stand out regardless of where you're at. If you really wanna paint it maybe add some pearl to the black and throw a couple layers of clear on top to give it a wetter/deeper look.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Aereon
Always been a fan of either a two tone or the clean look
I agree .
Perfect example.
Uberstang's Mustang looks sexxxy with the 2 tone look
Old 05-18-2011, 08:32 PM
bigbadstang
1st Gear Member

Default Murdered

all murdered out except the wheels gloss black w polishes lips FOR SALE,did flat black on the front horse and trimring gonna do the side emblems, have smoke headlights and smoke fogs w 5% tint all highly illegal but bad *** im gonna do a cobra hood and looking for all black saleens or rockstars in flat black
Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your NEW EDGE cars with CUSTOM PAINT JOBS (racing & pinstripes and more)-rims.jpg   Post pics of your NEW EDGE cars with CUSTOM PAINT JOBS (racing & pinstripes and more)-rim.jpg   Post pics of your NEW EDGE cars with CUSTOM PAINT JOBS (racing & pinstripes and more)-stang.jpg  
Old 05-18-2011, 10:52 PM
schmallz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tommy079
Schmallz...you just need to creatively figure out a way to hover a mounting plate so it can sit up right. I'm sure somebody out there has done something like that. What is the style of that bumper called?

type in your style bumper in google and front license and you're bound to find something. They may even make some kind of mounting kit.
It's a Cervinis Stalker Bumper.

I'm not sure what style of Side Scoops the 01s have, but I thought this looked kind of nice.

The plastic was faded and was no where close to being black like it should have been.

Just high quality silver/chrome spray paint and lots and lots of clear coat.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your NEW EDGE cars with CUSTOM PAINT JOBS (racing & pinstripes and more)