4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

2002 GT SUPERCHARGER

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
^Wait WHAT????
PM SENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
^Wait WHAT????
Do you want me to translate what I said into neanderthal so it will be more clear to you. I know your buddy has an issue with me dont fuel that fire in the name of the bandwagon!
Old 05-19-2011, 11:15 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gt04
completely agreed.

I would have to disagree, I can daily drive my car all day and still maintain a decent mpg. Boost isn't instant as claimed by most. If you don't drive around like a jackass 24/7 you should almost completely stay out of boost. Here is one of my dyno pulls to so you can see firsthand where boost kicks in.

Oh and they shouldn't be paying Mrtstang for advertising, they should be paying me lol, i ***** them out everywhere.
Lol exactly dude! While i would REALLY love a KB, you actually own one. Kind of makes you a better advertisement lol.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:44 PM
ddmsgtr1
4th Gear Member

A kb is going to give you alot of low end torque but is going to drop off a bit as you get into the upper ranges. That makes is pretty good for something like autocross where your trying to rocket out of turns and do alot of low to mid range acceleration. A centri blower like vortech or procharger is going to give you more of a linear curve that will just seem to keep climbing. This makes centris a very popular option for drag racing. The type of driving you want to do is goin to dictate whats better for you.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Ummmm i'm not sure if someone up above was suggesting that KB's dont actually make the boost that quick or tire companies would make more money or not, but I hope they werent.

As for the "instant boost" squabble here. You're all using the wrong term. Boost is in fact 100% instant with a twin-screw supercharger(KB). You want boost? You hit the pedal and get it before you can look over at your gauge. What you guys are discussing is boost control. Boost control is extremely manageable and the car drives like stock with a 2.1L KB. It is definitely not impossible to get into boost when not "wanting" to. You can most certainly see plenty of boost without going WOT on a KB. I see 5-8Lbs boost all the time when giving 50-80% to pass somebody even at lower speeds around town. Its not like the *** end gets loose and you can hear the KB whine, its just doing its job. The by-pass valve is detecting the drop in vacuum and is closing off and creating boost.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

[QUOTE=Hangwire;7552911]Ummmm i'm not sure if someone up above was suggesting that KB's dont actually make the boost that quick or tire companies would make more money or not, but I hope they werent.

"someone" was saying the opposite I was saying they DO make boost quick vs a centri and has more potential to roast the tires the kb setup that is. I was saying that im sure tire companies would love kb owners that doesnt know how to control the boost in other words.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Ahhh I see, understood.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:40 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

BOOST isn't instant in any car. I have a positive displacement set up and can drive all week without seeing BOOST. However, the POWER is right away.

Alot of street cars will make more from a positive displacement set up than from a centri since you are spending more time in the powerband where the PD will really perform. Centri do hold better up top... but look at how much time you spend close to redline vs how much time you spend between idle and 3500 RPM.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:43 AM
sv650lex
2nd Gear Member

OP, I put my vortech on at 164k. I've put on about a 1k miles now with no issues(other then some detonation from bad fuel). It will hold up if properlly set up and tuned. Plus when it does go that just means it's time for a forged shortblock.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:24 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gt04
completely agreed.

I would have to disagree, I can daily drive my car all day and still maintain a decent mpg. Boost isn't instant as claimed by most. If you don't drive around like a jackass 24/7 you should almost completely stay out of boost. Here is one of my dyno pulls to so you can see firsthand where boost kicks in.

Oh and they shouldn't be paying Mrtstang for advertising, they should be paying me lol, i ***** them out everywhere.
silly GTs only revving to 5850 .

Also

HEATSOAK!

F/I FTL N/A FTW.

waitwut?

Quick Reply: 2002 GT SUPERCHARGER