4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Black convertible but want it black and yellow, comment on these decal pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Tommy079
3rd Gear Member

Default Black convertible but want it black and yellow, comment on these decal pics

I have a black 2001 GT convertible and I'm from Pittsburgh so I bought it with the complete intention of making it black and yellow.

I do not want it to be black and flat black or just clean black, so I found a bunch of ideas from decal websites and I thought I'd bounce them off you guys. I want a car that stands out and doesn't look like everyone elses, but at the same time doesn't look stupid.

Hood Stripes and accents:

This first is the combo I think I like best (with the inner and outer stripes):

Curved:

By tommy079 at 2011-05-19

Straight:

What do you think, With or without the text???

Scoop accent:

With or without the pony???

I think this might look cool yellow:

Side Accents:

The first one is what I think I like best:

C-Stripes (with or without text???):

Next, I'm considering buying a Steeda Spoiler and maybe painting the outter winglets yellow (but you have to use your imagination):

Last, I'm wanting to do a yellow bumper insert:

Last edited by Tommy079; 05-19-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Tommy079
3rd Gear Member

So what do you all think? What is your favorite combo of those listed. What do you like and what do you not like?

I think I might like the inner and outer hood stripes with the curved outer stripes with my GT scoop yellow on top.
The first door decal (the yellow one on the black car).
The Steeda spoiler with yellow winglets.
And the yellow bumper inserts.

I don't know how I feel about the racing strips on the side or the C-Stripes. Any thoughts???

And I don't know how I feel about the scoop accent either.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:55 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

honestly im not a huge fan of decals on cars to begin with, but you can do whatever you want. its your car. the bumper inserts are probly the best thing.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kugzgt
honestly im not a huge fan of decals on cars to begin with, but you can do whatever you want. its your car. the bumper inserts are probly the best thing.
x2, not many people here will like your busy approach to the exterior of the car.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Tommy079
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Aereon
x2, not many people here will like your busy approach to the exterior of the car.
Yeah, I kind of get that feeling around here, but I figure there will at least be a few people who have something positive to say about one idea or another.

My whole goal with the exterior is for it to be black and yellow.
(I'm a big Steelers fan, and I live far from home so I like to represent my hometown pride).

My whole reason for asking is I don't want it to be TOO busy. I can easily see how people can go overboard with this kind of thing, but I think less is more.

Around here though less is more means buy nice body parts and get 'em nice and shiney in a solid or two tone look. But that's not what I"m going for.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:27 PM
jeh4269
3rd Gear Member

The scoop accent and bumper insert wouldn't look too bad.I see your point in wanting to stand out a little but I agree the less busier it looks the better.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Romer
2nd Gear Member

I like them, but don't do them all. 1 or 2 an no text.

I especially like the hood stripes, but yellow on black will not look as good as black on yellow.

I say go for it, but make it discrete.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Tommy079
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Romer
I like them, but don't do them all. 1 or 2 an no text.

I especially like the hood stripes, but yellow on black will not look as good as black on yellow.

I say go for it, but make it discrete.
Well I'm definately not going to do them all

I think I really like those curved hood stripes. When I bought my car I was hoping for a yellow convertible with black on it, but no dice. Then after I bought my car a few months later they started popping up. But oh well.

It will look more like a Steelers Jersey this way anyway
Old 05-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Bpohlman13
3rd Gear Member

I think the the decal in the center of the hood looks alright. the 1st side decal looks ok, and i have always liked the rear bumper insert. Personally I think those hood stripe things are to much though. Takes away from the actual look of the hood lines and over emphasizes them.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:34 PM
02GTman
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I choose "D" none of the above.

Quick Reply: Black convertible but want it black and yellow, comment on these decal pics