4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Think its time for a line lock, have questions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:49 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Doug im mot gonna lie man i want this linelock for doing brakestands and not have to worry abo lurching forward or sideways especially shiftin through the gears hahahahaha and also to save some brakes lmao
Old 06-07-2011, 10:53 AM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Doug im mot gonna lie man i want this linelock for doing brakestands and not have to worry abo lurching forward or sideways especially through intersections and stopsigns* hahahahaha and also to save some brakes lmao

edited it to make more sense in my brain
Old 06-07-2011, 10:55 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Also when it comes to certain brands it seems like people just like to bandwagon bash certain stuff and 99% of the time hey never had a failure with the product or even have any expereince wth the products to even remarks regarding them.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:58 AM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
A friend of mine runs all UPR stuff on his 7 second fox (ed thomas nmra google it) I've always used their stuff with no issues.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/ed-thoma...ged-sbf-stang/

Keith you only want a linelock so you can waste more tread on the street, admit it lol
because a 7 second car going straight has a lot less stress than a street car/autoX car.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:00 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

edited it to make more sense in my brain
When the situations arise i would rather not creep forward those few feet whether its at the track or leaving local cruise meets as pictured.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFJiK...e_gdata_player
Old 06-07-2011, 11:04 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by turbo232
because a 7 second car going straight has a lot less stress than a street car/autoX car.
Well i never plan on autocrossing my car, its a spirited street car that sees the drag strip. And i never knew they use linelocks for autocrossing I learned something new today.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:05 AM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Do you understand the power and stress all those components take when launching and coming down from a wheelstand?

Sounds more like a "my buddy's uncle's dad had a UPR antenna and it bent I'll never run their crap ever again"
Old 06-07-2011, 11:11 AM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

Do you understand the power and stress all those components take when launching and coming down from a wheelstand?

yeah i do. its one movement though and although the car has more power it's a lot less stress. an army buddy got some UPR LCAs for his 95 GT and broke one getting on the highway. had another guy get them for his Fox and snapped both lowers on a road course. (i think one wentfirst causing the other to fail). the stuff is garbage.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:32 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

yeah i do. its one movement though and although the car has more power it's a lot less stress. an army buddy got some UPR LCAs for his 95 GT and broke one getting on the highway. had another guy get them for his Fox and snapped both lowers on a road course. (i think one wentfirst causing the other to fail). the stuff is garbage.
Lets back up there a second, poly/poly ended control arms can snap like that REGARDLESS of brand, the double poly bushings are what cause the suspensiom bin and the extreme stress on the part and chasis. That was just a poor decision on suspension design not the brand.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:44 AM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Lets back up there a second, poly/poly ended control arms can snap like that REGARDLESS of brand, the double poly bushings are what cause the suspensiom bin and the extreme stress on the part and chasis. That was just a poor decision on suspension design not the brand.
even with poly/poly it shouldn't break getting on the highway. the fox had poly/spherical.

defending a company that makes junk is like saying "maybe Hitler was just joking"

Quick Reply: Think its time for a line lock, have questions.