4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

FLAT BLACK SN95 Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 12:33 PM
djd2392
2nd Gear Member

very very nice..Flat black is such an excellant thing haha..good luck with the car!
Old 10-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Bpohlman13
3rd Gear Member

Im gonna have to agree with repzard. I like the flat black, and thats where it stops. Those emblems look too cartoonish and flashy. The whole point of flatblack (Atleast to me) is to look stealthy. The emblems basically being traffic cone orange says the exact opposite. Also, why such a large hood? You dont have any major mods. So I see no point to it really. Also, Im not a fan of the ricer type body kit on your dads car. BUT, as long as you are happy, I guess thats all that matters...

Last edited by Bpohlman13; 10-29-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:50 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Take thpse stupid fukking badges off it and a hood that matches the power of it and id say it looks sick
Old 10-29-2011, 02:04 PM
mwall787

Did you screw the saleen side panels on? I had problems with the double sided tape saleen supplied so I got in touch with a 3m rep who got me some better stuff and it does a much better job at holding the side panels on.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech22

Looks awesome!!
Old 10-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Take thpse stupid fukking badges off it and a hood that matches the power of it and id say it looks sick
I've seen crap like that when I was in Mexico and in Puerto Rico. I was like, WTF? Actually now that I think of it, the Woodward dream cruise had a bunch of cars like that too. FUGLY and terrible taste.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:19 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

i lol'd when i saw this.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:33 PM
llamatymer
1st Gear Member

He guys,

Thanks for the opinions, the hood I purchased was 4IN because I had a Saleen Blower I was going to install, and the I worried about the clearance on the 3IN hood. Second when sitting inside the car it's really not that bad, it maybe appears to be about chest high. The decals are red, and not orange, they only reflect at night, I'm going with a Transformers theme for the car, and not military which is why the emblems are flashy. I'm going to fix the Green behind the head lights when I install led strips around the headlights. The kit is a Saleen Kit, and Yes MWALL787 I did screw them in because I too had problems with the 3M tape not sticking. As for the trunk I'm going to clean up all of the jams and paint the underside of the truck when I re-paint the stereo box. Also the interior is my next step, i'm hopefully going to redo the seats with black/red swade interior, and mix/match the red and black to help it pop a little. After that hopefully I'll gets some kind of boost on this baby. Although I might just go with heads/cams/ and NOS. Anyways thanks for reading, and thank you for all of the kind words, and for the not so kind words, but hey when your different not everyone will like it. Some people cant see passed a stock exterior! God bless guys, and drive safe.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Bpohlman13
3rd Gear Member

Maybe its just me, but I seem to like a car when it is modified and people think, "hey, that looks like it came from the factory that way." I just dont like gaudy cars driving down the road with stuff on their car saying, "look at me! I think Im fast because my car is different then everyone elses." Your view about how cars should be is just different then mine on how people should modify a car.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bpohlman13
Maybe its just me, but I seem to like a car when it is modified and people think, "hey, that looks like it came from the factory that way." I just dont like gaudy cars driving down the road with stuff on their car saying, "look at me! I think Im fast because my car is different then everyone elses." Your view about how cars should be is just different then mine on how people should modify a car.
Yeah he's only making 180-190rwhp. Uber fail The more "extravagant or wild" the look the more Horsepower you have to make. Heck I think I could barely get away with my hood and I was over 600rw and had high rise spacer. lol

Quick Reply: FLAT BLACK SN95 Finally!