4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

IRS Bullitt

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 07:01 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by Boris91
Polished tips would look so sweet. I like how IRS tailpipes look.

Also wondering what HID kit you got going on. I have a DDM 35w 6000k and it's not as blue as my last cars DDM hid kit. Don't wanna risk buying from them again. Just wondering what you got.
My kit was from eBay, I forget who I bought it from as it's been a few years. I went with the 10k 35w kit. Since my headlight housings are smoked it kinda dimmed the lighting. My passenger side bulb just blew actually. Why don't you want to order from ddm tuning again? I've heard pretty good stuff from them in the past.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Boris91
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
My kit was from eBay, I forget who I bought it from as it's been a few years. I went with the 10k 35w kit. Since my headlight housings are smoked it kinda dimmed the lighting. My passenger side bulb just blew actually. Why don't you want to order from ddm tuning again? I've heard pretty good stuff from them in the past.
Well, I ordered some 35w 6000K DDM HID's last year for my Mercedes. They came packaged very neatly and looked very high quality and I set it all up and had no trouble at all. It was the exact color I wanted to match my cousin's factory HIDs on his Benz, bright white with a little blue. I was very satisfied and my car friends were all impressed and they all got them too for their cars.

Fast forward a year later and I sold the Benz and got the Mustang and my first mod was the lights and I ordered the exact same kit for it. It came in a half broken box and just poorly packaged and it looked like it had been through hell. The lights burned yellowish-white and changed color to bright white, to blue/white and now it seems to be somewhat stable. I complained and called and never got a call back or anything. A lot of people on their Facebook page complain as well so seems their customer service has went down the toilet. That's why I would probably not order from them again. Seems like the only thing they have going for them is their low price. The first kit I bought was from California. The second one I bought was from China with instructions in Chinese...

Last edited by Boris91; 12-09-2011 at 04:36 PM.