4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Just ordered some tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 11:18 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

kdw's were nice when I had them, the only reason I went with my t1r's after the kdw's is because the kdw's wet handling wasn't as great as I would like. The kdw's lasted 20k with a couple of soloII's thrown in there, 1 trip to phoenix,az. , and a trip to socal.

Best tires I've ever had were Michelin PS 2's at the time, they've since been replaced with PS3's but are way too expensive to buy for a college student for use on a dd.

Last edited by Aereon; 02-29-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:46 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

I bet I drive like more of a ***** than crash does. during a normal work week commute, my car would see zero wot. I never got on my car at all unless i just put new parts on, or if i'm actually racing someone or on a cruise with other people. this is mainly because most of my commute is heavily populated city driving and my cars too loud to go wot in around there.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Ron505
2nd Gear Member

That's the same size tire I'm looking for, but I can't find anything affordable. What are you guys having to pay for a 295?
Old 03-01-2012, 03:51 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by Ron505
That's the same size tire I'm looking for, but I can't find anything affordable. What are you guys having to pay for a 295?
$510 shipped to my door, i ordered them on the 28th late at night, shipped on the 29th, door this morning. Got em through tire rack

I drive pretty calm during the week, unless some pos Prius is in the fast lane, then I usually go wot as I cut em off for going so slowly. I know, it sounds douchy of me but I can't stand when they go 60mph in the fast lane during non carpool hours -_-
Old 03-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Ron505
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
$510 shipped to my door, i ordered them on the 28th late at night, shipped on the 29th, door this morning. Got em through tire rack

I drive pretty calm during the week, unless some pos Prius is in the fast lane, then I usually go wot as I cut em off for going so slowly. I know, it sounds douchy of me but I can't stand when they go 60mph in the fast lane during non carpool hours -_-
Wow, nice price! Thanks for the info!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:09 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Here are some teaser shots right before being mounted on my B. It's been raining here of late but I'll post some pictures tomorrow when the car is washed and we have some good weather. Enjoy!

Old 03-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

looks very nice, we still haven't done a meet yet=/

there might be a meet in sf peninsula on ca-mustangs, would love to see your car man.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:54 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by Aereon
looks very nice, we still haven't done a meet yet=/

there might be a meet in sf peninsula on ca-mustangs, would love to see your car man.
I'm going to a ca fords meet tomorrow with Blwn 284, you busy tomorrow night? When. That sf meet? The east bay ones are pretty lame n old people. I want to see your car in person. It's a work of art. I'll pm you
Old 03-02-2012, 12:02 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
I'm going to a ca fords meet tomorrow with Blwn 284, you busy tomorrow night? When. That sf meet? The east bay ones are pretty lame n old people. I want to see your car in person. It's a work of art. I'll pm you
my car has been injured=/ won't look right, but wheres the meet? nvm.. i'll check pm=P
Old 03-02-2012, 10:24 AM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
I bet I drive like more of a ***** than crash does. during a normal work week commute, my car would see zero wot. I never got on my car at all unless i just put new parts on, or if i'm actually racing someone or on a cruise with other people. this is mainly because most of my commute is heavily populated city driving and my cars too loud to go wot in around there.

lol, I drive WOT everywhere I go in mine.

My nitto DRS also lasted 6k miles before they were showing metal haha

Quick Reply: Just ordered some tires