4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Opinions on Valance

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Shampue
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ron505
Seriously? You have an interesting taste my friend.
Well, my first choice would be to leave it stock
Old 03-28-2012, 09:37 AM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aschroeger
I'm not a fan of the taillights or the lower valance. I think the taillights along with the decklid is too much black.

If that were my car (and cost wasn't a deciding factor) I'd go with these tail lights, this decklid and no valance.

I've also been kind of nervous about the decklids. I'm afraid water and other material will get between it and the car and cause corrosion.
His decklid isn't a panel. Its a vinyl decal done at a local shop. Nothing getting in between. And our rear decklids are made out of plastic. Never heard of plastic corroding.

4.6Gtconv - I think it looks sick IMO bro. Lower valance just needs to match the decklid decal in color. That and put your badges/emblems back on to break up the decklid color a little and give it a factory appearance. But in the end, it all boils down to what you like. Everybody's opinions vary. Its nice to get opinions though when you think something might look gay or ricer. And if something even slightly stinks of rice, we will let you know...lol

Last edited by MyGt03; 03-28-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:39 AM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

I agree with purp. Too much going on. I prefer more of a clean look. I'm not a big fan of tinted tail lights either. They were cool like 5 years ago when I was in high school... kinda over that whole thing now.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Justfloatn

No on the lower.
Your car is done. The black on the hood, wheels, top and rear lights are plenty. It looks good. Don't add anymore. You see it all the time when people have a clean car and they keep adding one more thing. Then next thing you know the car looks like they went through the Pep Boys accessory isle with the crap magnet on high---)
Old 03-28-2012, 12:01 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

The lower valance needs to match the decklid, also, the lower valance is not cut str8 on the bottom...If those 2 issues were corrected I would vote for keeping the valance ON..but right now it looks like CRAP!!
Old 03-28-2012, 12:54 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

You need to make sure that the lower valence wraps down under the bumper slightly so that you see no silver underneath when directly behind the car. I also think it's nicer when the little indentations of the lower valence are covered...

If i were you I would have my spoiler flat black as well...

I disagree with most of the people here. I happen to like the back "overdone"

Old 03-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Shredder505
2nd Gear Member

I personally like the blacked out look

hpwrestler: STOP UPLOADING ****!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:40 PM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
You need to make sure that the lower valence wraps down under the bumper slightly so that you see no silver underneath when directly behind the car. I also think it's nicer when the little indentations of the lower valence are covered...

hpwrestler220, Your car looks amazing. Im with you. Black can never be overdone. I thought your car would look good with a black billet fuel door. Forgive my horrible photo editing abilities.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:34 PM
4.6Gtconv
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220

I definetly love the look!! I'm going to get the balance matching and cut it right and it will look very good !!
Old 03-28-2012, 02:36 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

I've always thought about a black billett fuel door but I've been unsure myself.

I'm really just trying to save up and get myself a 2009+ 335xi and slam the **** out of it and throw the tune on there. Gotta wait for a full time job and to get out of school though =/

And that's funny shredder. Iseewhatyoudidthere

Quick Reply: Opinions on Valance