4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Quick questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 07:36 PM
1998Slow 'Stang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by joshb
what about a 347 stroker with full forged internals holley double pump built 5 speed tranny stage 3 clutch full suspension would that be a better platform to start off with....... im pretty sure the *** end would want to go faster the the front
That's not a starting point, thats the kind of motor you end with......
Old 08-27-2012, 08:22 PM
joshb
1st Gear Member

nope everyone on this site just loves to hate just got the car a week ago trading it straight up for a 94 95 with all that **** in there and u guys are still going to end up hating its built for boost so that whats going to happen what works best with a carbed i dont want to go root style and have it stickin outta the hood f off if u guy say go efi anyone think a v tech will work?? blow through car maybe or spray the **** outta it
Old 08-27-2012, 08:53 PM
joshb
1st Gear Member

what about a 347 stroker with full forged internals holley double pump built 5 speed tranny stage 3 clutch full suspension would that be a better platform to start off with....... im pretty sure the *** end would want to go faster the the front

its has icky interior but it sweet
Old 08-28-2012, 07:45 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Nobody is hating just being honest with you. Hell when I was your age I thought my 87 4cyl mustang was fast because it could do a burn out I look back and laugh at what a Retard I was and some day you will do the same. Well maybe your age group seems to be way up there on the Retard scale
Old 08-28-2012, 08:27 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

nope everyone on this site just loves to hate just got the car a week ago trading it straight up for a 94 95 with all that **** in there and u guys are still going to end up hating its built for boost so that whats going to happen what works best with a carbed i dont want to go root style and have it stickin outta the hood f off if u guy say go efi anyone think a v tech will work?? blow through car maybe or spray the **** outta it
Wait.....you have a car with a built 347 stroker, 5 speed, and a decked suspension. And you traded it straight up for a 4.6 NPI car basically stock? I'm not hating at all, i'm just point out sad facts.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:12 PM
joshb
1st Gear Member

no no no i have a almost stock npi 4.6 i bought a week or two ago and im trading it for a mustang that has all the stuff in it ...... now what should i do for a supercharger if u guys want pics of the 347 mustang im going to get ill post them

p.s. the guy wants a street car and hes hella intrested in mine
Old 08-28-2012, 02:24 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

they grow retards in michigan?
Old 08-28-2012, 06:15 PM
joshb
1st Gear Member

does anyone now how to tune a holley carb and what kind of supercharger
Old 08-29-2012, 08:09 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

does anyone now how to tune a holley carb and what kind of supercharger
Tunign a carb just takes feel and expereince, you have two mixture screws, idle speed screw, and depending on the carb u can have a choke adjustable, fast idle screw. I never tuned a carb with a supercharger but I can only imagine it would be a giant pain in the a$$.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:13 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kugzgt
they grow retards in michigan?
Yes! Yes we do

Quick Reply: Quick questions