4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Man, Does That Piss Me Off...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 01:14 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
Several years ago, I came up with a solution to this issue Too bad it only works a single time

WHY is it when i see this pic, Soundgarden instantly comes to mind???

Old 09-06-2012, 03:15 AM
JC316
4th Gear Member

Ugh, just had this situation come up today. I was driving home, hungry, had pizza and football on the brain and I get stuck behind a damned tractor doing 10 MPH. He had about 35 cars backed up and there are very few places to safely pass on this road. I finally made it around him, but I was the last, nearly 20 more behind me got stuck.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:47 AM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

my favorite is when Im cruisin down the road @ 60 and a car will pull out of a neighborhood or side road at the last minute, right in front of me. There will be NO ONE behind me either. They just had to pull out NOW. Happens at least once a day.

Or, when Im stuck behind someone going slow as hell, and the car behind me tailgates me. I wont ride on peoples asses.. no matter how damn slow they are going. I will be close, but not up on their ****. However the person behind me is trying to park in my backseat. That really strikes a nerve..and a brake check is in order
Old 09-06-2012, 11:39 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

had that happen yesterday. Just taking his sweet *** time making a lane change as I was doing 70 to his slow as 55.... I wanted to punch a baby after that
Old 09-06-2012, 06:28 PM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
my favorite is when Im cruisin down the road @ 60 and a car will pull out of a neighborhood or side road at the last minute, right in front of me. There will be NO ONE behind me either. They just had to pull out NOW. Happens at least once a day.

Or, when Im stuck behind someone going slow as hell, and the car behind me tailgates me. I wont ride on peoples asses.. no matter how damn slow they are going. I will be close, but not up on their ****. However the person behind me is trying to park in my backseat. That really strikes a nerve..and a brake check is in order
I hear that. When this happens to me, I quickly scan ahead, if clear, drop 3rd and pass that some b!tch at 100mph. Then ponder the reasoning why they pulled out and cut me off when there was CLEARLY nobody behind me. Couldn't wait 2 more freaking seconds? Beat you like a red headed step child. Slap you so hard your grand kids will feel it...

As for the people who tailgate, your right, a good brake check will usually do the trick. I don't tailgate. I cant stand it when jerkoffs do it to me, so I try to be a friendly driver.

I'd say the 3 worst things to watch out for when driving.

1 - Farm vehicles
2 - School buses
3 - Buicks
Old 09-06-2012, 08:06 PM
JC316
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT

Amen to that. Happens all the time around here. It's compounded when they do that and still go slow.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:17 PM
MnemonicGhost
1st Gear Member

Another scenario that happens more often than it should. 4 lane city street. and I'm in the right lane because I understand my turn is 1 mile up the road. Typically at rush hour, so there is almost always a line of cars.

Invariably the following will happen:
1. Folks stay in the left lane (because it is generally faster).
2. They remember they need to make a right turn 100 feet from the signal
3. They will speed up to pass/cut you off in the same maneuver
4. 50% of the time their blinker flashes once, but only after they are halfway through the lane transition. (the other 50%, no blinker at all).
5. There will be no cars behind you.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:30 PM
MnemonicGhost
1st Gear Member

Another time I was actually shocked at the reaction.

Hitting the one city road in town with a 55 MPH, I am usually a little happy to stretch my legs. Get stuck in left lane behind a couple in an Accord. I see their heads swing side to side, looks like a real conversation going on up there, but at 40-45 MPH I just want to get by. Unfortunately white SUV in my right blind spot won't let get by. Eventually a window appears and I go for it.

I freely admit I got about 5 feet away from the accord's rear bumper, but what happened next was truly unique. The accord non stop honks at me, both hubby and wifey flip me off as I pass them on the right. I slow to give them my best indifferent look, give them the "jerk off" gesture and move on my way. 55 + 5, and back in the left lane.

More cars follow suit now that I've "unplugged the lanes". So the weird part to the overly long story is the blue suburban that was behind me is now catching up to me. Hmm, maybe a plain clothes cop or otherwise concerned citizen? Am I the bad guy in this scenario?

Nope. He pulled up next to me at the next light and motioned me to roll down my window. I brace for a scolding or a badge, but instead said he saw the whole thing and says he couldn't believe they flicked me off and said he's got my back if I wanted to deal with them... ???

Seriously. Guy was in his 50's, gray buzzed cut hair and could have been ex military or retired school coach, etc. I politely laughed, said thanks but declined his offer. Guess there are some fellow road warriors out there!
Old 09-07-2012, 12:26 AM
JC316
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MnemonicGhost
Another scenario that happens more often than it should. 4 lane city street. and I'm in the right lane because I understand my turn is 1 mile up the road. Typically at rush hour, so there is almost always a line of cars.

Invariably the following will happen:
1. Folks stay in the left lane (because it is generally faster).
2. They remember they need to make a right turn 100 feet from the signal
3. They will speed up to pass/cut you off in the same maneuver
4. 50% of the time their blinker flashes once, but only after they are halfway through the lane transition. (the other 50%, no blinker at all).
5. There will be no cars behind you.
I am as stubborn as a mule on that one. You want to squeeze in, you are going to have to take the front end of my car off cause I ain't letting you over. Happens all the damned time, there is plenty of warning that a lane will end, but they want to rush ahead then cut in line. It's the number 1 thing that pisses me off on the road.

I fully understand if the lane just vanishes with no warning, or they genuinely didn't know their turn was coming.